Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (3 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The point is really moot because I don't see Fred going anywhere. Turd likes him too much, which will probably end up hurting us if his trend of not even making any kind of postseason continues.

I'd prefer we go back to what we did with Miles and hiring a HC from a mid-major. Try and hire somebody who's hungry to build something and feel like they've earned the opportunity to HC at the highest level in CBB.
Yeah I'm not going to argue really. I personally don't have a preference over mid major HC or assistant of P5 that has recruiting chops.

Main point being that there's no way we're pulling a coach from another P5 without dumping a boatload of cash on him and dedicating a bunch of NIL. Don't see either of those things happening let alone both. Never going to be super successful in basketball without having a serious commitment to NIL. Our ceiling is probably middle of the pack B1G and luck our way to a sweet 16. I'm good with that.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
except that Missouri has the new state law in their favor with in state recruits where they can start earning NIL $$$$ while in high school if they sign with a Missouri School. Lots of good basketball players in St Louis, KC, Columbia & Springfield that they have a leg up on financially.
Yeah that's a strange one and a real advantage with Mizzou in state. Not sure it would make much of a difference in Nebraska.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I just assumed you actually meant Dennis instead of a dude with absolutely no head coaching experience going straight into a B1G head coaching gig. Sounds like a great idea!
Absolutely Armon would be a great hire for us. He’s a great recruiter and will be a head coach before long, get him before somebody else does. Nebraska is literally the least desirable job in P5 basketball so im not sure what you think our better options are.

I’d be all for taking a flyer on a guy like Armon. He’s like 35 so sorry he doesn’t have the head coaching experience for you, Freds head coaching experience has worked great for us.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
The point is really moot because I don't see Fred going anywhere. Turd likes him too much, which will probably end up hurting us if his trend of not even making any kind of postseason continues.

I'd prefer we go back to what we did with Miles and hiring a HC from a mid-major. Try and hire somebody who's hungry to build something and feel like they've earned the opportunity to HC at the highest level in CBB.
Disagree, Fred is done if he doesnt make the postseason this year. Not to make it racial but i think a young black head coach with good recruiting prowess would do wonders for this program

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Kenya Hunter would be option A for sure as far as former NU assistants go but he is destined for bigger things. Woodson just promoted him to associate head coach at Indiana.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Braden Frager is N.
erection GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds