Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (10 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Old boy should have gone pro after his freshman year when he still had upside

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm kinda digging recent portal entry New Mexico Freshman TJ Toppin 6-9 210. I'm sure lots of blue bloods will be after him. 12 pts/game with 9 reb/game. Monster offensive rebounder. 65% from the floor and 35% from 3 with almost 2 blocked shots/game. Runs the floor, long and quick jumper.

A guy can dream can't he? Pair him with Gary & Mast on the frontline with Meah & Morgan coming off the bench. If we had Toppin, Gary & Meah all in together it would be one of the best rebounding frontlines in the country. Toppin & Meah alone would probably triple our blocked shots & dunks over last seasons totals.

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'm kinda digging recent portal entry New Mexico Freshman TJ Toppin 6-9 210. I'm sure lots of blue bloods will be after him. 12 pts/game with 9 reb/game. Monster offensive rebounder. 65% from the floor and 35% from 3 with almost 2 blocked shots/game. Runs the floor, long and quick jumper.

A guy can dream can't he? Pair him with Gary & Mast on the frontline with Meah & Morgan coming off the bench. If we had Toppin, Gary & Meah all in together it would be one of the best rebounding frontlines in the country. Toppin & Meah alone would probably triple our blocked shots & dunks over last seasons totals.

1714563886460.gif

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member

There's a couple different stretch 4 types that entered the portal yesterday. I agree, Toppin will have a lot of schools after him. There's a couple other guys I haven't had a chance to look into much but I like this kid from Harvard too:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
There's a couple different stretch 4 types that entered the portal yesterday. I agree, Toppin will have a lot of schools after him. There's a couple other guys I haven't had a chance to look into much but I like this kid from Harvard too:

Nice, I like his game. He reminds me of a slightly taller version of Gary. Warrior mentality down low. I like how he uses his body in the paint to create space for his shot against bigger players. Not afraid of contact. Wonder what 6 months in our S&C program could do for his body development?

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Well, ya...but I think you only take him if Mast is out for this year. If Mast is still available, I don't think we have the minutes to add another player of his caliber.

That being said, adding him would be awesome! Imagine running a a line-up of Williams at point (6' 7"), Griffith at SG (6' 8"), Gary at SF (6' 6"), Toppin at PF (6' 9") and Morgan at C (6' 10") - would we ever not get a rebound?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well, ya...but I think you only take him if Mast is out for this year. If Mast is still available, I don't think we have the minutes to add another player of his caliber.

That being said, adding him would be awesome! Imagine running a a line-up of Williams at point (6' 7"), Griffith at SG (6' 8"), Gary at SF (6' 6"), Toppin at PF (6' 9") and Morgan at C (6' 10") - would we ever not get a rebound?
I picture him starting at the Stretch 4.

Starters:
PG 6-4 Worster
SG/SF 6-7 Williams
SF/PF 6-6 Gary
PF/SF 6-9 Toppin
C 6-10 Mast if playing or 7-1 Meah

In the bench rotation:
PG 6-3 Ullis
SG 6-4 Essegian
SF/SG 6-8 Griffiths
C 7-1 Meah
C/PF 6-10 Morgan

So much versatility. Still have Lil Hercules Sam Hoiberg plus the 2 Freshman and 1 open scholarship. Like I said, a guy can dream can't he. That would be a deep, long and talented roster giving Fred not only a ton of experience but versatility for his 4 or 5 out. Toppin & Meah are monsters on the glass plus big time shot blockers. Worster is also a beast on defense. Might be one of our best rebounding and defensive teams

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Ven Allen-Lubin from Vandy (Notre Dame before that) just entered the portal today. Give me him, all day every day. He is the exact replacement for Allick; can pass & score, controlled athleticism, defends the glass and is able to dribble without turning it over.

Cowboy Kermit

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
@Cowboy Kermit Could just be Twitter BS, but is Nebraska going after that Elijah Saunders from SDSU?
They’ve reached out. Guessing that’s probably a tough pitch being the last guy they take. He’s had some bigger programs reach out too. Only been in the portal for a couple of days

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I wonder if Fred will take a look at freshman Berke Buyuktuncel from UCLA that just entered the portal yesterday. Looks like he'd excel in Fred's offense.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
@FredHoiberg, go after this guy please. Ignore the "do not contact". Throw that NIL 💰. Thanks.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is the "do not contact" tag basically one of 1. My coach left and I'm following I'm, 2. I'm in the draft, or 3. I was definitely tampered with

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds