Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (4 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Waiting for the clock to almost expire and draining the money ball should get him at least a 2 way contract

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Minnesota transfer Pharrel Payne emerging as a priority target for Nebraska​

On3 image
by:Robin Washut•4 minutes•
RobinWashut

As Nebraska works to restock its 2024-25 roster, Fred Hoiberg and his staff have contacted several new targets over the past few weeks.
Among those is a familiar name for the Huskers.
HuskerOnline confirmed that NU held an in-home visit with Minnesota transfer forward Pharrel Payne on Tuesday.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound sophomore played in 32 games, with 19 starts, for the Golden Gophers this season. He averaged 10.0 points on 60% shooting, 6.1 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks.
That included scoring 12 points on 5-of-6 shooting with four boards and two blocks over a season-high 35 minutes in UM’s win over Nebraska in December.

Payne’s departure was significant for Minnesota, and numerous high-major programs immediately reached out once he entered the NCAA Transfer Portal.

The Huskers were among the first to do so, and things have quickly progressed. After meeting Payne in Minneapolis, NU is close to locking in a visit to Lincoln.
A source told HuskerOnline that Payne planned to take around four or five visits, with Nebraska likely to be one. Those trips should begin after the NCAA recruiting dead period ends on Thursday, April 11.
The Huskers currently have seven available scholarships to fill. On Wednesday, they hosted North Dakota State big man Andrew Morgan on an unofficial visit. Morgan will decide between NU and Minnesota in the coming days.
NU also made the final four for Omaha transfer Frankie Fidler. The former Bellevue West standout visited campus last week and is down to Nebraska, Pickle Smoochers, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Tater Island image
RobinWashut

As Nebraska works to restock its 2024-25 roster, Fred Hoiberg and his staff have contacted several new targets over the past few weeks.
HuskerOnline confirmed that NU held an in-home visit with Minnesota transfer forward Pharrel Payne on Tuesday.
The 6-foot-9, 255-pound sophomore played in 32 games, with 19 starts, for the Golden Gophers this season. He averaged 10.0 points on 60% shooting, 6.1 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks.
That included scoring 12 points on 5-of-6 shooting with four boards and two blocks over a season-high 35 minutes in UM’s win over Nebraska in December.

Payne’s departure was significant for Minnesota, and numerous high-major programs immediately reached out once he entered the NCAA Transfer Portal.

The Huskers were among the first to do so, and things have quickly progressed. After meeting Payne in Minneapolis, NU is close to locking in a visit to Lincoln.
A source told HuskerOnline that Payne planned to take around four or five visits, with Nebraska likely to be one. Those trips should begin after the NCAA recruiting dead period ends on Thursday, April 11.
The Huskers currently have seven available scholarships to fill. On Wednesday, they hosted North Dakota State big man Andrew Morgan on an unofficial visit. Morgan will decide between NU and Minnesota in the coming days.
NU also made the final four for Omaha transfer Frankie Fidler. The former Bellevue West standout visited campus last week and is down to Nebraska, Pickle Smoochers, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.
Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Tater Island image
RobinWashut

giphy.gif

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think Morgan and Mast would split minutes. Morgan averaged ~23 min last season so being a 6th/7th man doesn't seem crazy for him
Right I’m saying if Payne is in the picture, does that take Morgan out of the picture?

Like would we roll with Mast Payne annnd Morgan? I would but I’m not Fred. Either way NFredWeTrust

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Right I’m saying if Payne is in the picture, does that take Morgan out of the picture?

Like would we roll with Mast Payne annnd Morgan? I would but I’m not Fred. Either way NFredWeTrust
Plenty of scholarships to play with and they lacked front court depth last season.

Agree with you completely. Let Fred cook.

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Kinda curious if this is an either or situation

Why Dont We Have Both GIF
I would guess not. Can’t imagine Hoiberg would even think about going into the season with Mast and Morgan as our starting bigs. Have to think it’s Payne to start and Morgan off the bench.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Kinda curious if this is an either or situation

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I can't imagine it is. Payne is more of a Derrick Walker 5 than he is a Reink Mast 5. This dude has a ton of straight DAWG in him that Ben Johnson couldn't get out of him on a consistent basis. I think this is a sign Mast is halfway out the door. I can't imagine Payne or Morgan signing with someone to come off the bench unless the teams are dancing year in & year out.

Morgan & Payne manning the 4/5 is a deadly combination from an offensive side of things, and I don't think it hurst us defensively at all.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds