Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (5 Viewers)

Schedule detail

Aug 31, 2024 at 12:33 PM
  • Unstick thread
  1. Seaofred92 Seaofred92

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Brice is a 2nd rounder next year. He's too old to get up into 1, but he's going to be the guy presumably on a tournament team who can score from all 3 levels and has good size for his position.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Excited for this kid. Deep roster of *more experienced* guards this season so I hope he is patient
I think he's got an easier path than past freshman given that he's allegedly got an elite skill in shooting. It's easier to get him 8-10 minutes a night and maybe stretch it out if he's on than playing a guy like Eli Rice, who I still think has significant upside when he's more of a wildcard as far as his contribution

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I think he's got an easier path than past freshman given that he's allegedly got an elite skill in shooting. It's easier to get him 8-10 minutes a night and maybe stretch it out if he's on than playing a guy like Eli Rice, who I still think has significant upside when he's more of a wildcard as far as his contribution
Agreed, another thing is Janowski will actually play defense.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
In HCFH's offense if you can shoot from 3 keeping defenses honest thus spacing the floor you will get some playing time. Wilcher brought nothing except his ability to get hot from 3 and he saw major minutes. Early on Keisei struggled on defense and still saw major minutes. Nice to think about Hoiberg's Offense with 3-4 players who are legitimate threats from 3

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm at Wilderness Ridge pool. Rienk Mast, Connor Essegian, Jeffrey Grace, Gavin Griffiths, and Justin Bolis are here. Bolis is bigger than I thought he'd be. Griffiths has a brace on his wrist.
I will not be shocked if Bollis plays some meaningful minutes for us. He looks quite athletic in his highlights. If he can give us 5 minutes of Allick-like Energy every game it might not be a bad thing.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I will not be shocked if Bollis plays some meaningful minutes for us. He looks quite athletic in his highlights. If he can give us 5 minutes of Allick-like Energy every game it might not be a bad thing.
I will be VERY surprised if he plays meaningful minutes. If he's in there, he is taking away minutes from someone else - who is he taking minutes from? You've got Meah, Gary, Berke and Morgan all looking for significant/meaningful minutes in the front court.

Sure, Gary will move to wing more this year. That means, at best, Bolis is our #3 PF. And I think in a meaningful situation we would rather slide Gary down there.

Bolis is a great pickup for depth and in case of injuries. But unless we see significant injuries, I don't see his role being much more than depth. Plus, he is competing against all guys how have D1 experience (most of them with P5 experience) while he is adjusting from JUCO.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I will be VERY surprised if he plays meaningful minutes. If he's in there, he is taking away minutes from someone else - who is he taking minutes from? You've got Meah, Gary, Berke and Morgan all looking for significant/meaningful minutes in the front court.

Sure, Gary will move to wing more this year. That means, at best, Bolis is our #3 PF. And I think in a meaningful situation we would rather slide Gary down there.

Bolis is a great pickup for depth and in case of injuries. But unless we see significant injuries, I don't see his role being much more than depth. Plus, he is competing against all guys how have D1 experience (most of them with P5 experience) while he is adjusting from JUCO.
Agree he has a big hill to climb but odds are we face some injury issues, illness or foul problems at some point during the season. Meah, Gary, Berke and Morgan are all definitely more proven but he appears athletic enough to play at the Power5 level. Good combination of size and athleticism. I'm just saying it will not surprise me if he sees some minutes in games that aren't just mop up minutes at the end of a blowout. Love the versatility that players like Gary, Williams, Berke, Griffiths..... give us and also like having an athletic big as a Walk On too.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Agree he has a big hill to climb but odds are we face some injury issues, illness or foul problems at some point during the season. Meah, Gary, Berke and Morgan are all definitely more proven but he appears athletic enough to play at the Power5 level. Good combination of size and athleticism. I'm just saying it will not surprise me if he sees some minutes in games that aren't just mop up minutes at the end of a blowout. Love the versatility that players like Gary, Williams, Berke, Griffiths..... give us and also like having an athletic big as a Walk On too.
That's probably the thing that I love most about this roster - not only is it the deepest team that we have had in years (decades), but it is so versatile. So many lineup combinations that will give you so many different looks.

My main concern is the lack of that one guy that you give the ball to when you need a bucket. Williams might be able to become that, but we haven't seen that from him yet IMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds