Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball 2024-25 Roster Ins/Outs (9 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
View attachment 35534
posted on Tater Island; from MN 24/7
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Might as well add Woodard to the staff and bring all 4 to Lincoln.

I know Woodard. From conversations with him, he is fed up with the public schools and VERY close to calling it a career as a HS coach. He also is in his 60's and probably just wants to call it a career altogether. That being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to reach out with an offer as some sort of analyst type role. However, he obviously has sent way more players to Pickle Smoochers than UNL and I think he'd prefer to continue to live in Omaha. I think him on staff at Pickle Smoochers makes more sense than Nebraska, unfortunately.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I know Woodard. From conversations with him, he is fed up with the public schools and VERY close to calling it a career as a HS coach. He also is in his 60's and probably just wants to call it a career altogether. That being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to reach out with an offer as some sort of analyst type role. However, he obviously has sent way more players to Pickle Smoochers than UNL and I think he'd prefer to continue to live in Omaha. I think him on staff at Pickle Smoochers makes more sense than Nebraska, unfortunately.

He was sitting behind the Pickle Smoochers bench at their game against Oregon.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not to mention his daughter played for the pickle smoochers too.

COYS

Linebacker
If you knew Woodard, you would know he retired over a year ago from Bellevue West.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Nah. Dotzler was never a high major prospect. I think Pickle Smoochers was more of a legacy offer than anything. I would say UNO or around there is the right level for him.

Neither was Fidler, or Kyle, or Williams or Greisel or the dorks at Pickle Smoochers and the list goes on and on. If taking a Dotzler lands us Hepburn, Kyle & Fidler, we do it without questioning the decision.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Neither was Fidler, or Kyle, or Williams or Greisel or the dorks at Pickle Smoochers and the list goes on and on. If taking a Dotzler lands us Hepburn, Kyle & Fidler, we do it without questioning the decision.

100000% this and if you had to make room then you’ve got to make room.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
If you knew Woodard, you would know he retired over a year ago from Bellevue West.
Ha! That totally tracks! I ran into him at a gas station probably 2 years ago and that was the last time I had talked to him (definitely feels like sooner than 2 years ago though...)

Kelsey and I are only a couple of years apart and our sisters grew up playing softball together. Lori also volunteers were my mom works. I also went to Bell East and played basketball there. It's one of those relationships where I have known the family for 25+ years and periodically run into them...but we certainly aren't close.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds