Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Indiana official prediction thread

Ive only watched the UMD and NW games, so my analysis is limited to what I saw there.

Indiana’s offense is consistent and able to pile it on in the second half of a close game. They run almost exclusively the RPO. Which is where I credit the second half output… they have a bunch of the game to see how each player reacts to certain action, and they effectively attack. Rourke is better against the zone than the man as his arm strength and his WRs aren’t elite. They are good but not man beaters. Rourke will also scramble which will move the chains on downs we think we defended well. Their OL isn’t good but the action they run masks that quite a bit. IU’s run game doesn’t do too hot until the safeties start to hesitate in playing the run because they’ve seen a handful of balls zoom past them.

How I see this translating to our game is Indiana moving the ball on us all game long. The question will be TDs vs FGs. If we want to say it’s the Illinois game all over again, it’ll be TDs. If any of the other game, it’ll be FGs. Regardless, us as fans are going to be up in arms as Indiana completes passes on us and moves the chains.

Their defense is mostly zone with stacked boxes. What they like to do is watch the QB and either vacate the box or fill the run lane. I also saw they, ears back, pass rush the QB on non-obvious passing downs which worked out for them against NW as it all of a sudden put NW in a long down and distance they couldn’t recover from. I think DR is better against zone defenses than he is man as he can throw his WRs open when those WRs can’t get open in man. They are going to make us play flawless football betting on our ability to commit drive killer penalties.

I don’t see Indiana committing turnovers. The Maryland game was an anomaly. Rourke was on it against NW. That said, their offense hasn’t tested the tough passes yet. Degree of difficulty is low to average especially compared to what DR does. If we keep them in front of us, make tackles, and every once in awhile get Rourke to rethink a throw, we’ll end a drive on a sack.

How we win: we’re able to make Rourke go to his second read or hand the ball off a lot. They’ll still move the ball but drives will stall. And we’ll need to hit FGs and find the soft zone to score 30.

How we lose: Rourke is seeing what we’re doing clearly and their defense never gets uncomfortable. Or we just simply lose the turnover battle.

What I think will happen: I believe Illinois and Indy are comparable in many ways but think I’d mostly take Illinois talent over Indy’s. But I also think Indy is playing better within their scheme than Illinois was. They’re in a groove. Comparable to the other team that beat us, they are well coached, and execute well with that coaching… and this one is in Bloomington vs Lincoln.

I see them doing to us what they’ve done to others, which is score late. And Nebraska hasn’t executed well at the end of the game in what seems like years. I see us in a good game where they pull it out. We’ll be able to move the ball on them both on the ground and in the air but losing the field position game prevents us from going up by a few scores. A fluke score and well executed 4th quarter wins it for them.

IU 31
NU 25

Bonus prediction, this message board will be filled with people unable to process their emotions without feeling the need to make others suffer. And each person will try to one up the others in a “you’re not taking this loss hard enough” showdown. Can’t wait.

Does anybody seriously believe that Indiana has a better set of skill position players than Colorado? Does anybody believe that Indiana has a better defense than Illinois and Buttgers?

I know the theory of transitive property doesn't hold water in CFB but Indiana hasn't faced the schedule we have. We also have to believe that we have a coaching staff advantage as well. Their advantage is being at home but do Indiana football fans really know how to create an advantage for their team?

Does anybody seriously believe that Indiana has a better set of skill position players than Colorado? Does anybody believe that Indiana has a better defense than Illinois and Buttgers?

I know the theory of transitive property doesn't hold water in CFB but Indiana hasn't faced the schedule we have. We also have to believe that we have a coaching staff advantage as well. Their advantage is being at home but do Indiana football fans really know how to create an advantage for their team?
Not better skill positions, but better overall skill, chemistry, drive, coaches and etc...

I picked us to win a high scoring game, but I'm not overly confident. This has trap game written all over it and I had this down as a loss preseason.

Our complete lack of functional special teams play is a massive disadvantage, especially on the road. I'd guess we will need to overcome 10 points between ST miscues and a standard 3 to 4 point home field advantage. Our offense and defense better both be sharp and ready out of the gate.

I haven't watched a single snap of Indiana. Is their defense better than..Buttgers? Is their offense better than Colorado's?

Like what are we talking about here. They can only play the games on their schedule but Nebraska would likely be 6-0 with that schedule as well and Indiana would likely be 5-1 or 6-0 with Nebraska's schedule.

6.5 seems like a lot of points. I bet it at +5.5, I'll get it at +6.5. I wonder if this gets bet back down to 4.5 before the end of the week.

I picked us to win a high scoring game, but I'm not overly confident. This has trap game written all over it and I had this down as a loss preseason.

Our complete lack of functional special teams play is a massive disadvantage, especially on the road. I'd guess we will need to overcome 10 points between ST miscues and a standard 3 to 4 point home field advantage. Our offense and defense better both be sharp and ready out of the gate.
I don't know how this could be a trap game for Nebraska.

I haven't watched a single snap of Indiana. Is their defense better than..Buttgers? Is their offense better than Colorado's?

Like what are we talking about here. They can only play the games on their schedule but Nebraska would likely be 6-0 with that schedule as well and Indiana would likely be 5-1 or 6-0 with Nebraska's schedule.

6.5 seems like a lot of points. I bet it at +5.5, I'll get it at +6.5. I wonder if this gets bet back down to 4.5 before the end of the week.
Up to 7 now on ESPN Bet.

Up to 7 now on ESPN Bet.
Wow +200 ML on Draft Kings. I don't usually bet Nebraska but it's tempting to take that value. Indiana may win this game but I just don't see how they are a touchdown favorite. Their OL has not blocked anything close to Nebraska's D line. UCLA has a few decent players up front but not the barrage that Nebraska gives you.

Having already given my score prediction… my 2nd prediction is that @Herbie will eventually find his way in here and call all of you predicting a Husker loss a bunch of weak ass pussies.

NU-24
IU-28

I'll believe NU can win a game like this when they win a game like this. It's close but special teams are the difference.

Indiana 28 Nebraska 25.

We're 7 point underdogs and the over/under is 51
Hmmmm

Indiana 29
DONU 22

IU 41
NU 13

Don't think this one will ever be in doubt for IU. They'll start fast and never look back.

Ive only watched the UMD and NW games, so my analysis is limited to what I saw there.

Indiana’s offense is consistent and able to pile it on in the second half of a close game. They run almost exclusively the RPO. Which is where I credit the second half output… they have a bunch of the game to see how each player reacts to certain action, and they effectively attack. Rourke is better against the zone than the man as his arm strength and his WRs aren’t elite. They are good but not man beaters. Rourke will also scramble which will move the chains on downs we think we defended well. Their OL isn’t good but the action they run masks that quite a bit. IU’s run game doesn’t do too hot until the safeties start to hesitate in playing the run because they’ve seen a handful of balls zoom past them.

How I see this translating to our game is Indiana moving the ball on us all game long. The question will be TDs vs FGs. If we want to say it’s the Illinois game all over again, it’ll be TDs. If any of the other game, it’ll be FGs. Regardless, us as fans are going to be up in arms as Indiana completes passes on us and moves the chains.

Their defense is mostly zone with stacked boxes. What they like to do is watch the QB and either vacate the box or fill the run lane. I also saw they, ears back, pass rush the QB on non-obvious passing downs which worked out for them against NW as it all of a sudden put NW in a long down and distance they couldn’t recover from. I think DR is better against zone defenses than he is man as he can throw his WRs open when those WRs can’t get open in man. They are going to make us play flawless football betting on our ability to commit drive killer penalties.

I don’t see Indiana committing turnovers. The Maryland game was an anomaly. Rourke was on it against NW. That said, their offense hasn’t tested the tough passes yet. Degree of difficulty is low to average especially compared to what DR does. If we keep them in front of us, make tackles, and every once in awhile get Rourke to rethink a throw, we’ll end a drive on a sack.

How we win: we’re able to make Rourke go to his second read or hand the ball off a lot. They’ll still move the ball but drives will stall. And we’ll need to hit FGs and find the soft zone to score 30.

How we lose: Rourke is seeing what we’re doing clearly and their defense never gets uncomfortable. Or we just simply lose the turnover battle.

What I think will happen: I believe Illinois and Indy are comparable in many ways but think I’d mostly take Illinois talent over Indy’s. But I also think Indy is playing better within their scheme than Illinois was. They’re in a groove. Comparable to the other team that beat us, they are well coached, and execute well with that coaching… and this one is in Bloomington vs Lincoln.

I see them doing to us what they’ve done to others, which is score late. And Nebraska hasn’t executed well at the end of the game in what seems like years. I see us in a good game where they pull it out. We’ll be able to move the ball on them both on the ground and in the air but losing the field position game prevents us from going up by a few scores. A fluke score and well executed 4th quarter wins it for them.

IU 31
NU 25

Bonus prediction, this message board will be filled with people unable to process their emotions without feeling the need to make others suffer. And each person will try to one up the others in a “you’re not taking this loss hard enough” showdown. Can’t wait.

34-21 IU
Should be closer but we miss 2 FG's 🙁

31 - 21 IU.......unfortunately
Weak ass fucking pussies.

Like Pepperidge farms we won’t forget this

Weak ass fucking pussies.

Like Pepperidge farms we won’t forget this
steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back