Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Indiana official prediction thread

If experience and talent mean anything then I think Nebraska can win comfortably. I don't believe Indiana has played anybody with a heartbeat. But, Nebraska football usually finds a way to turn easy wins into agonizing losses.

If my first instinct is correct then Neb 31 Indiana 17.

This to me feels like one of the games where we realize that the offense has some systemic issues that need to be worked out, unfortunately. I do not think it will be a “blowout” per se but it feels like the type of game where if IU is up 17-3 or something we are just cooked.

I think we will aim to follow a similar offensive game plan to the Colorado game. That is, pound the rock, control the ball and clock, and put pressure on their high powered offense to score every time “or else”.

I’m going to go with 31-21 Indiana. I just feel like I see more ways Indiana wins this game than NU does. Doesn’t mean we *can’t* win this game, but I just feel like IU has more “paths to victory” if that makes sense. The way we win this game is going up 7-0 or 7-3, running the ball early and controlling the clock. If we have to play from behind, especially from 2 scores, I don’t know that I am ready to trust us to do that effectively.

Also, this will be a big game IMO for Tony White’s defense. They bottled up Colorado due to the DL dominating Colorado’s OL but Illinois came in and killed us with the quick passing game. I expect IU will look to do some similar type stuff here and I hope that we have learned from the Illinois game and come out with a better game plan on defense this time around. Trust Ceyair and the DBs to play tighter on the line at the snap without giving up a ton of free yards and see what happens. Rourke has been too good this year to sit back and let him find the open man:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back