Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska vs Illinois

I admit I have not followed DONU basketball, but WTF is he doing? He is so bad at shooting
My guess is that Fred thinks it will payoff in the long run to get him comfortable shooting threes. He is certainly not making them at a high rate, but it seems like they are probably viewing it as a long term project and getting a guy to take them can sometimes be a key to building it into a reliable offensive skill.

My guess is that Fred thinks it will payoff in the long run to get him comfortable shooting threes. He is certainly not making them at a high rate, but it seems like they are probably viewing it as a long term project and getting a guy to take them can sometimes be a key to building it into a reliable offensive skill.

Roofus was a dumb fuck in the RRS game thread tonight.

Fuck that guy. NFM.

Roofus was a dumb fuck
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

The big offensive problems with Nebraska basketball are abysmal free throw and three point shooting. They're something like 31st in getting to the line and, I shit you not, 331st in team percentage. I don't think it needs further explanation that we are leaving a fuck load of points in the court every single game.

Turning to 3 point shooting, Teddy and Trey are the only guys shooting the ball at an above average to good rate. Lakes can clearly shoot but he's not a good enough player to throw in midseason and have any appreciable impact.

Fred took/kept some guys with the hope that they'd help us in our problem areas, so let's dive into that a bit.

Kobe Webster
-Pre Nebraska: .374 from 3 on 5.8 attempts (FT .752 on 2.2 attempts)
-At Nebraska: .333 on 3.6 attempts (FT .632 on 1.2 attempts)

Lat Mayen
- Pre Nebraska (Chipola) .386 from 3 on 3.5 attempts (FT .815 on 2.3 attempts)
- At Nebraska: .329 on 5.3 attempts (FT .688 on 1.1 attempt)

Thor
- last season: .372 on 4 attempts (FT were cool too)
-the season: .188 on 2 attempts (Ft still pretty cool)

There are some defensive ones too, but that seems like a second order concern at this point.

The big offensive problems with Nebraska basketball are abysmal free throw and three point shooting. They're something like 31st in getting to the line and, I shit you not, 331st in team percentage. I don't think it needs further explanation that we are leaving a fuck load of points in the court every single game.

Turning to 3 point shooting, Teddy and Trey are the only guys shooting the ball at an above average to good rate. Lakes can clearly shoot but he's not a good enough player to throw in midseason and have any appreciable impact.

Fred took/kept some guys with the hope that they'd help us in our problem areas, so let's dive into that a bit.

Kobe Webster

Lat Mayen

Thor

There are some defensive ones too, but that seems like a second order concern at this point.
Since the covid stoppage the defense has been pretty damn solid. Walker underneath helps a lot.

Kobe Webster

Lat Mayen

Thor

I think you've hit it on the head, but I don't have a good handle on why these pre/post NU stats are so different.

It's a step up in level for some of them, so maybe more nerves from the free throw line?

But, most of the transfers are making free throws at significantly lower rates than they did at their previous stops.

Let's tear down Pinnacle Bank Arena and build a better arena where players make their free throws and three point attempts.

I think you've hit it on the head, but I don't have a good handle on why these pre/post NU stats are so different.

It's a step up in level for some of them, so maybe more nerves from the free throw line?

But, most of the transfers are making free throws at significantly lower rates than they did at their previous stops.

Let's tear down Pinnacle Bank Arena and build a better arena where players make their free throws and three point attempts.
Webster and Mayen have definitely stepped up in competition, but I haven't really noticed Mayen taken a ton of really contested ones. It seems like they'll have good ball movement, get him an open look, and most games he just misses.

Thor seems like the biggest disappointment because he shot a high percentage on volume against pretty similar competiton. And he has basically looked like he has never seen a basketball before this year.

If nothing else this is the first time after the game since noncons that I've been optimistic in the direction they're going.
I hear ya but wait till they absolutely blow the next few!
For the record I believe Hoiberg will get it right.

@Baron Winnebago

I wanted to argue, but ended up agreeing with you for the most part.

There must be a curse on Nebrasketball if we keep bringing in 90% career free throw shooters that shoot 65% as Huskers, and 38% 3-point shooters that shoot 15% as Huskers.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back