Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Nebraska vs Cockeye basketball thread (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
He is not the consistent shooter he was supposed to be this season, though. And he was brutal against Michigan State earlier in the week.

IMO, he came into this season placing a lot of expectations on himself. Once he had a slow start to the year, he lost his head and all of his confidence that he displayed at the end of last season.
I think next year he might get pushed out of some playing time. Lloyd could move his way into PG. Tominaga and Lawrence at the 2/3. I think if Hoiberg keeps taking advantage of the opportunities he will take Wilchers minutes

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I don't think he is a winning basketball players in the B1G. Just doesn't play with confidence plus is so limited athletically. Big liability on defense plus can't create his own shot. If he isn't hot from 3 he doesn't bring anything to the floor. Want him to do well as I had high hopes for him but IMHO he is a big liability overall.
I disagree almost completely. I think he was a liability earlier in the season because of his confidence....and I still think he is struggling with his confidence a bit, especially from the 3.

While he isn't an elite athlete, he is definitely athletic enough and has good length. He is still only a sophomore. I don't ever see him being the "guy," per se. But I see him growing into a valuable, reliable role player.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I disagree almost completely. I think he was a liability earlier in the season because of his confidence....and I still think he is struggling with his confidence a bit, especially from the 3.

While he isn't an elite athlete, he is definitely athletic enough and has good length. He is still only a sophomore. I don't ever see him being the "guy," per se. But I see him growing into a valuable, reliable role player.
If we can get just as much development from Wilcher as we did out of Tominaga, I don't see why they can't be similar players. The biggest difference between the two that Wilcher needs pay attention to is effort and attitude. Those are two things Tominaga brings to every game and it makes everyone on the team better.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Remember when message boards processed Tominaga last year?
Exactly
Wilcher could be one of the better scorers in the league once his shot starts falling consistently (it will happen eventually bc his shot is beautiful)
Goggles showed flashes today he’s was worthy of his top 100 HS ranking
This staff can coach, guys get better under them.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds