Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NCAA to shorten transfer windows from 60 to 45 days per year (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Meh. What's really the point when a guy can still quit and say "I'm going to enter the portal" like Morton just did.

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member
Meh. What's really the point when a guy can still quit and say "I'm going to enter the portal" like Morton just did.

Maybe this has been answered somewhere before but what does someone like Morton do for the rest of the semester? I imagine he's not with the team anymore and that his scholarship isn't pulled, so is he just a normal college student for a few months? Is he expressly prohibited from using team resources like the weight room/training table/practice field/etc.?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Maybe this has been answered somewhere before but what does someone like Morton do for the rest of the semester? I imagine he's not with the team anymore and that his scholarship isn't pulled, so is he just a normal college student for a few months? Is he expressly prohibited from using team resources like the weight room/training table/practice field/etc.?
Good questions. This is what Sean C said in today's chat:

Technically the portal is not open for Nebraska players to enter until the regular season ends. Morton declared for the portal so that he could stay on scholarship for the semester and not risk injury by not practicing and focusing on his next move.

What is interesting is by entering, I believe any deal he would be on from the collective voids at that moment, so he's forgoing any NIL money I believe.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds