Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NCAA may shorten transfer windows (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
This is only going to increase the frequency and depth of tampering taking place. Do not like this to be frank.
My thoughts exactly. Less "official" transfer time means a lot more activity will happen when it's not supposed to happen.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It doesn't really reduce the time to court transfers or sign them - it just shortens the window for entering the portal. It probably won't affect the number of guys entering the portal - it will just make that activity faster. I think moist people enter early now anyway.

I think it's better for everyone, frankly, as long as they set the spring date late enough so that kids know where they stand after spring practice.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
It doesn't really reduce the time to court transfers or sign them - it just shortens the window for entering the portal. It probably won't affect the number of guys entering the portal - it will just make that activity faster. I think moist people enter early now anyway.

I think it's better for everyone, frankly, as long as they set the spring date late enough so that kids know where they stand after spring practice.
Agreed. I don't think this changes much at all. Honestly they could drop it down to a couple of days. I can see a larger window after the season as teams finish the season at different times. Maybe change it to where a player has a two week window after the team's last game, instead of a uniform window for all, since there is more than a month difference when teams end the season.

Also agree with the Spring window. I don't understand why they moved the dates earlier for football this year, many teams weren't done with Spring practice yet.

blackshirt84

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
This is a great idea frankly, and one that protects programs. With less time to enter staffs will have a pretty good idea of who is going to enter before they’re able to.

Scott Drew from Baylor has been a big proponent of this idea from a CBB standpoint

I work in college athletics (not football) and the portal is an unregulated mess. The longer the portal is open, more tampering can happen. I think you’ll see the portal times move and open once a sports national championship has been played.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is a great idea frankly, and one that protects programs. With less time to enter staffs will have a pretty good idea of who is going to enter before they’re able to.

Scott Drew from Baylor has been a big proponent of this idea from a CBB standpoint

I work in college athletics (not football) and the portal is an unregulated mess. The longer the portal is open, more tampering can happen. I think you’ll see the portal times move and open once a sports national championship has been played.
As someone who works in college athletics, do you think tampering really has anything to do with the portal? That is, teams know when the portal opens and they know when they need to start working in the shadows to get kids into it regardless of how long it's actually open for

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

It will be interesting to see how the window at the end of the college football season works. Some teams are done in November some in January. With many semesters starting in January. There isn't really a time slot that works for all.

blackshirt84

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
As someone who works in college athletics, do you think tampering really has anything to do with the portal? That is, teams know when the portal opens and they know when they need to start working in the shadows to get kids into it regardless of how long it's actually open for

I know it has ALOT to do with the portal. The other part of the portal is it gives kids an out who aren’t happy with playing time, NIL, etc. I think tampering happens moreso in basketball (my sport) compared to football. The only rule in place is that you can’t tamper with the athlete themselves. There are so many ways to get messages to kids through high school coaches, AAU, family members etc.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds