Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

My curmudgeon thoughts after Illinois

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
1: It is inexcusable that after Alvano sucked last year that we didn't go out and get the best kicker we could from the portal. I was begging for it since last season ended. Instead we got a hometown Lincoln guy who hadn't kicked yet in college and it just cost us the Illinois game.

2: Turner Corcoran is IMO the biggest bust we have ever had on the line. He absolutely sucked up until now, he got good for a 3 game stretch and is now injured. His prior seasons injuries forced us to use an unprepared Teddy who then also got injured. When Turner finally leaves campus I'll be there to help him pack up his stuff if he needs.

3: All last year we were a good team without a QB. Now we have a QB and the team forgot how to play. That's why Rhule said last week that everyone needs to get on Dylan's page. He needs someone to help shoulder the load.

4: Ceyair Wright.....that'll do, sir. Keep it up.

5: Nebraska basically gives up in OT. And who decided that the defense should go first? That was a huge mistake. First of all they were tired. Secondly by going first you score and apply pressure to the other team. Take the ball at home and score as well as give your defense an extended break.

6: Who the fuck is gonna play when Neyor and Banks leave? Looks like another portal injection is needed.

Last edited:
You always go on defense first in OT, so you know what you need to get. It gives you 4 downs to play with if you need a TD
Not when your defense had been leaned on for almost the entire 2nd half and had to survive a final drive. You go out and score to see if you can give them some juice. But anyway.....we all saw what happened so......

Definitely agree with the kicker. My gawd. Your mantra all of off season is chasing 3, yet your kicker has blown balls for 2 seasons and you don’t see the parody? Fuck me….

Not mad about the overtime call to decide us on D first, that’s pretty standard.

End of the day, they punched us in the mouth, we held for the most part and just fell short when we needed to be great. A play or two goes a different way and we’re celebrating a win. Shit loss for sure but loads of positives to take away. Big Ten schedule not looking as easy as I once thought. We’re still a bowl team.

A play or two goes a different way and we’re celebrating a win.
Not to beat a dead horse but this is true for basically every one score loss these last 8 years, which is basically all of our losses.

The whole "If Dylan makes that touchdown pass we'd all be happy"...."If Hohl makes that 39 yard field goal we'd all be happy"....yeah no shit we'd be happy if we'd win a close game for once, that's the whole point lol

Last edited:
Definitely agree with the kicker. My gawd. Your mantra all of off season is chasing 3, yet your kicker has blown balls for 2 seasons and you don’t see the parody? Fuck me….

Not mad about the overtime call to decide us on D first, that’s pretty standard.

End of the day, they punched us in the mouth, we held for the most part and just fell short when we needed to be great. A play or two goes a different way and we’re celebrating a win. Shit loss for sure but loads of positives to take away. Big Ten schedule not looking as easy as I once thought. We’re still a bowl team.
That’s the thing though. The plays never go our way at the end of these. The other team always makes just enough plays. Can’t they blow it for once instead of us? It has to be simulated man. This shouldn’t be mathematically possible.

Point #6 regarding the WR's ..

I've thought about that too. After Banks and Neyor leave, we could attract top portal WRs who want to play with Dylan, but it's key for current players to step up and maintain continuity. Malachi Coleman, if he gets his head out of his ass, could be a major asset in this offense.

1: It is inexcusable that after Alvano sucked last year that we didn't go out and get the best kicker we could from the portal. I was begging for it since last season ended. Instead we got a hometown Lincoln guy who hadn't kicked yet in college and it just cost us the Illinois game.

2: Turner Corcoran is IMO the biggest bust we have ever had on the line. He absolutely sucked up until now, he got good for a 3 game stretch and is now injured. His prior seasons injuries forced us to use an unprepared Teddy who then also got injured. When Turner finally leaves campus I'll be there to help him pack up his stuff if he needs.

3: All last year we were a good team without a QB. Now we have a QB and the team forgot how to play. That's why Rhule said last week that everyone needs to get on Dylan's page. He needs someone to help shoulder the load.

5: Nebraska basically gives up in OT. And who decided that the defense should go first? That was a huge mistake. First of all they were tired. Secondly by going first you score and apply pressure to the other team. Take the ball at home and score as well as give your defense an extended break.

6: Who the fuck is gonna play when Neyor and Banks leave? Looks like another portal injection is needed.
take some immodiums and let it flow Flash

I would say Teddy P is a much bigger bust. He can’t ever stay healthy. Corcoran has atleast played in a lot of games.

Point #6 regarding the WR's ..

I've thought about that too. After Banks and Neyor leave, we could attract top portal WRs who want to play with Dylan, but it's key for current players to step up and maintain continuity. Malachi Coleman, if he gets his head out of his ass, could be a major asset in this offense.
I would rather give Coleman his last chance on the defensive side. I don’t have much hope for him at this point anyways.

1. They snagged a good kicker but it doesn’t always translate to college. But yeah, they need to keep going after the best every year I agree.

2. Turners career is done. He busted his ass for years, got thrown into shit situations and even worst coaching under frost.

3. We need to short up penalties, and stop the bend don’t break bs defense every single series.

4. Wright is a baller and will be a draft pick in a few years.

5. The crowd was down, the players had no confidence after that missed fg.
6. Freshman recruits, Barney, they will be able to attract a few ballers from other teams to play with dr. No concerns here for me. We have done well in the portal for wr’s back to Toure.

This week the team just needs to win some confidence back in themselves. Win some tough spots. DR needs to have himself a game. RBs need to run with fire this week.

These are the Husker fans I’m used to. Let out the hate betas
star wars hate GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back