Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Monday before early signing day SCHOLARSHIP DISTRIBUTION CHART (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
We are at 67 by my unofficial count. Removed OLB Mathis (hope you liked the cash and ride, but thanks for mostly nothing) and G Williams Jr. (Hope you enjoyed the coffee).

I added QB Sims, CB Collier and LS/C Ortiz (who I heard was on scholarship on the Hail Varsity podcast). Still quite a few spots to fill and obviously we will see more departures. I did not add WR Grimes or WR Crawford back as I never saw anything official or from a reputable recruiting news site say they were in fact returning. (Correct me if I'm wrong)Screenshot_20221219-153233-525.png

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Yeah our DL is a shit show
I'm not usually this big of a downer but what position group isn't a shit show?

QB (outside of the new addition) is either injured to the point they can't participate in spring or and ineffective pants shitter followed by inexperience and more inexperience. And that is one of the best groups on paper. RB ain't better if you look at it from 10,000 feet.

If we want any shot at success in '23 we really need to pick it up in the transfer portal and get a few of the senior key contributors to announce that they will stay. Otherwise Rhule is gonna need to be an absolute miracle workerto turn a few of these diaper logs into gold.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Is anyone else concerned with our DL at this point? 5 dudes! Really? 1 DT? Are we in on anyone else? This should be priority 1 here on out.
We've got Van Poppel in the fold, with Carroll-Jackson & Maciejczak seemingly ready to sign/silent commits as well at DL.

Then Noonan, Rogers, & Wallin at Edge, with Princewill (and maybe others) on the waiting list at DE.

So it's pretty well addressed as far as the HS recruiting class goes - I agree that adding some portal guys (particularly DTs) is right up there, but it seems like this staff has gone after this pretty well so far.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
So we sit at 67 currently with 16 current high school commits and a really good chance of adding 4-6 more between now and Wednesday, not to mention a handful of transfers.

Will be interesting to see what the future attrition will look like.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I'm not usually this big of a downer but what position group isn't a shit show?

QB (outside of the new addition) is either injured to the point they can't participate in spring or and ineffective pants shitter followed by inexperience and more inexperience. And that is one of the best groups on paper. RB ain't better if you look at it from 10,000 feet.

If we want any shot at success in '23 we really need to pick it up in the transfer portal and get a few of the senior key contributors to announce that they will stay. Otherwise Rhule is gonna need to be an absolute miracle workerto turn a few of these diaper logs into gold.
RB looks decent to me, especially if Ajay sticks around. DB room is viable. QB we simultaneously have a lot of maybes & not a lot of sure things.

A lot of question marks or yearly distribution holes beyond that, though.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
RB looks decent to me, especially if Ajay sticks around. DB room is viable. QB we simultaneously have a lot of maybes & not a lot of sure things.

A lot of question marks or yearly distribution holes beyond that, though.
RB

Grant- good start with a WTF middle to finish.

Rahmir - Milk carton

Ervin - Hasn't gone 3 consecutive games in 2 years without being injured

Allen - Super potential and, like Ervin, stunted development due to injury

Johnson - People have been questioning why we even offered

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We are at 67 by my unofficial count. Removed OLB Mathis (hope you liked the cash and ride, but thanks for mostly nothing) and G Williams Jr. (Hope you enjoyed the coffee).

I added QB Sims, CB Collier and LS/C Ortiz (who I heard was on scholarship on the Hail Varsity podcast). Still quite a few spots to fill and obviously we will see more departures. I did not add WR Grimes or WR Crawford back as I never saw anything official or from a reputable recruiting news site say they were in fact returning. (Correct me if I'm wrong)View attachment 18253
Did I miss something? Where is Feist?

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

I added QB Sims, CB Collier and LS/C Ortiz (who I heard was on scholarship on the Hail Varsity podcast). Still quite a few spots to fill and obviously we will see more departures. I did not add WR Grimes or WR Crawford back as I never saw anything official or from a reputable recruiting news site say they were in fact returning. (Correct me if I'm wrong)View attachment 18253

Crawford is definitely back. Not sure the staff will take Grimes back.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
RB

Grant- good start with a WTF middle to finish.

Rahmir - Milk carton

Ervin - Hasn't gone 3 consecutive games in 2 years without being injured

Allen - Super potential and, like Ervin, stunted development due to injury

Johnson - People have been questioning why we even offered
What's sad is you can do this to pretty much every room. It might look good on paper but once you look at it a little closer it's a mess too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds