Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mods in Full Nuke Mode on RSS (2 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I would take Monken in a heartbeat. At least our team would be fundamentally sound.
Monken would make our defense legit. Offensively...I'm not a fan of service academy offenses. Not to say they don't work. But we wouldn't get dick for recruits...not like that's been working here anyways. But if you're going to go that route, then I'd prefer the dude that's at Coastal Carolina. It's a lot of flexbone principles out of the pistol/gun.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Monken would make our defense legit. Offensively...I'm not a fan of service academy offenses. Not to say they don't work. But we wouldn't get dick for recruits...not like that's been working here anyways. But if you're going to go that route, then I'd prefer the dude that's at Coastal Carolina. It's a lot of flexbone principles out of the pistol/gun.
Fuck it. I'm in

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll take the ass kicking in the Orange Bowl and figure out the rest later.
The other issue with that type of offense is that the rules favor the passing game more today. You need to have a viable passing game in today’s college football if you want to win championships. It just depends what you’re cool with . Monken could get us back to 8-9 wins a year I’m sure, but I could never see that offense winning the BIG.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The other issue with that type of offense is that the rules favor the passing game more today. You need to have a viable passing game in today’s college football if you want to win championships. It just depends what you’re cool with . Monken could get us back to 8-9 wins a year I’m sure, but I could never see that offense winning the BIG.
Monken is old news. For the reasons you and Lattimer mention. Give me this Chadwell character from CCU

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Monken is old news. For the reasons you and Lattimer mention. Give me this Chadwell character from CCU
I’m okay with anyone who can develop and recruit properly to their system. I was always a run the ball guy, but the powers that be keep pushing rules that benefit the qb and the passing game. Saban even changed his offense to a wide open attack knowing defenses were at a disadvantage with the rules in place today.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds