Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Missing Lincoln man (2 Viewers)

COYS

Linebacker
Really? I had not heard this one. Isn't the story that he wandered off from school?
Yes, but I believe they have him on camera or witness putting him back at the apartment complex after he left the school that day. There was also a sketchy boyfriend of the mom’s that was in the picture.

The theory I have heard from a Sarpy County deputy friend is the kid was a lot of work and time with his disability and either mom/boyfriend was done with it.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
My mother in law was one of Regina's best friends. I've never talked to her about it but my wife told me the police know who did it, they just don't have enough evidence (or a body) to convict.
Oh wow. I didn't know that. That's shitty when you know, but don't have enough. Hopefully, street justice will catch up to them.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
This is sad and frightening at the same time. Based on the limited information presented here, any number of scenarios are possible absent any further elaboration.

My first thoughts as always veer towards the welfare of the children above anything else.
Their adopted boys have had a rough hand dealt to them in life, which is a tragedy of its own.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, but I believe they have him on camera or witness putting him back at the apartment complex after he left the school that day. There was also a sketchy boyfriend of the mom’s that was in the picture.

The theory I have heard from a Sarpy County deputy friend is the kid was a lot of work and time with his disability and either mom/boyfriend was done with it.
Not saying the Sarpy Deputy friend is wrong, but can't believe they'd even say something like this. #1 - it's unprofessional. #2 - it's accusatory when they're not 100% sure.

This is what I dislike about the authorities. In their mind they think it should've happened a certain way, so that's the route they take. There are a lot of good law enforcement out there, but some of them make things up in their mind.

And guess what, he could be right...COULD.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

yep. Mom got frustrated, incident happened. They have boyfriend's car on security cameras out by walnut creek, but no firm evidence of it being dumped. My wife said there was a mishap with mom and a lie detector as well, but nothing firm that could be 100% linked.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
This might sound a bit insensitive with the recent/local case, but missing persons cases are VERY fascinating...to me. Especially those where there's no logical answer.

I'd say the vast majority are Occam's Razor with fairly normal circumstances. i.e. domestic or drug related or human trafficking, etc. I'd put the Lincoln disappearance in a normal and/or domestic category on the little information provided.

But there are a reasonable number of missing people that have weird and unexplainable circumstances. They literally disappear from the face of the earth never to be seen again. Additionally there are instances where an area is searched repeatedly, and then suddenly the body appears in the area that was searched over, and over, and over. This oftentimes leaves local, state and even federal authorities dumbfounded with no logical answers. Typically in normal circumstances there will be evidence left behind such as tracks, DNA, personal items, video, etc.

Torture for those families that don't have any closure whatsoever.
Check out the show Black Bird on Apple TV. Pretty wild story about how they kept serial killer Larry Hall in prison.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
yea can’t rule out the husband having an accomplice. Plenty of motive & a lot of murders are hard to understand why an individual would rationalize that being their only option. Women involved in murdering their spouses usually go this route & find a lover to do it for em so they usually have an alibi until the accomplice rats on em.

Don’t see sex trafficking targeting a middle aged man & drugs/suicide would recover the body at some point but maybe a body of water is making it hard to find his suicide.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
yea can’t rule out the husband having an accomplice. Plenty of motive & a lot of murders are hard to understand why an individual would rationalize that being their only option. Women involved in murdering their spouses usually go this route & find a lover to do it for em so they usually have an alibi until the accomplice rats on em.

Don’t see sex trafficking targeting a middle aged man & drugs/suicide would recover the body at some point but maybe a body of water is making it hard to find his suicide.
There’s a reason his husband stopped answering questions.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
There’s a reason his husband stopped answering questions.

He never stopped answering questions. He hired an attorney and is answering questions through that attorney. He actually turned over all electronic devices, records, and anything that could be used in the investigation in helping find. When the questions turned to the personal relationship question and of accusatory nature he hired a lawyer, which every person should do if faced with this situation.

Not saying he didn't have something to do with it, but it appears he's been more than helpful.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He never stopped answering questions. He hired an attorney and is answering questions through that attorney. He actually turned over all electronic devices, records, and anything that could be used in the investigation in helping find. When the questions turned to the personal relationship question and of accusatory nature he hired a lawyer, which every person should do if faced with this situation.

Not saying he didn't have something to do with it, but it appears he's been more than helpful.
TBH even if I was 100% innocent I would probably hire an attorney from day one in this situation.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
TBH even if I was 100% innocent I would probably hire an attorney from day one in this situation.
100% people have been convicted of crimes they didn’t commit because they answered a question without legal advice trying to be helpful. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself especially if you are innocent. If I had to guess, I think he jumped in a river

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
It’d be dumb not to. Your spouse/kids (God forbid with either) goes missing, and you get a lawyer. Police have zero interest in proving you are innocent, and often times their assumptions pigeon hole their investigation… it’s just human nature

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I thought it was pretty accepted that his gf had something to do with it
Kinda what I had always read too.

I have a buddy who is a deputy in Harrison, NE. He always says if you want to kill someone and make them disappear, Sioux County would be the place. And I’ve hunted out there and 100% agree.

He went missing in Gering but it’s close.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds