Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mickey and Bo (1 Viewer)

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Surprised this hasn’t been discussed more. A lot of similarities between the 2:

Both Interim HC’s @ DONU
No HC experience
Physical teams
Corched at LSU
Players coach

Rooting for MJ the rest of the Sizzin and hope he gets that IC tag lifted.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bo had to wait four more years tho. Hopefully we don’t hire another Callahan.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
im leaning more and more towards keeping Mickey. he seems to be an elite manager, motivator and developer of a team. i feel as if he leaves any ego at the door and is smart enough to surround himself with people whom he knows will get the job done. for me its basically Aranda or Mickey, as long as Mickey continues to show real progress. hell if we go 3-9 then no we should move on, but if Mickey can do something in 8 weeks (bowl game) that Riley & Frost did twice combined (frost zero
of those) then keep
him

tl:dr im drunk, i would walk 500 miles for Mickey

crispripley

TPB Commenter
Elite Member
Mickey has the luxury of interviewing essentially the entire year unlike Bo. His interviews and press conferences so far? He’s killing it. If you’re Turd, if Mickey keeps winning than the hire is easy. Who would pushback on Mickey as HC if we win more games this year than any year with Frost? Definitely not the public. How could you not give him a shot. After reading that OWH article with Turd getting Blais at UNO, part of Turd has to want to get that big name high pedigree hire.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Everyone says “but Mickey hasn’t even been a coordinator”. But do you really need to have a been a coordinator to be a HC? HC is more about leading, motivating, being organized, instilling culture, and running the program. Mickey appears to have all that. The guys love him. Surround yourself with good assistants. Vance if the cardinals staff gets fired. Hire a top notch OC (we will have the money to do this) - Whipple can take a hike. Retain Applewhite. Mickey has some great connections from being at LSU.

I’m really coming around on this idea. Like I said in another thread, these next three are all winnable. Things could get verrry interesting.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Everyone says “but Mickey hasn’t even been a coordinator”. But do you really need to have a been a coordinator to be a HC? HC is more about leading, motivating, being organized, instilling culture, and running the program. Mickey appears to have all that. The guys love him. Surround yourself with good assistants. Vance if the cardinals staff gets fired. Hire a top notch OC (we will have the money to do this) - Whipple can take a hike. Retain Applewhite. Mickey has some great connections from being at LSU.

I’m really coming around on this idea. Like I said in another thread, these next three are all winnable. Things could get verrry interesting.
he’s the best coach we’ve had since Bo and with time could pass him up. and hell maybe we are all drunk off if a 14 point win vs a shitty Indiana team. if we lose to rutgers our mood will swing.

i just cant get up for campbell, liepold, klieman etc.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Dabo did it. But he’s the exception not the rule. John Harbaugh had only been a special teams coordinator.

I don’t think Mickey Joseph is Nebraskas number 1 guy. I wouldn’t be totally upset if he got it. Unless or course Mike Gundy wants it and Nebraska just said no

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Being a coordinator is nice because you are the head of one of the phases. Ideally some of those skills should translate to being an effective HC.

I don't think it is a necessary requirement, but I do think it is valuable.

Whipple can take a hike.
Whipple seems like a really good OC/QB coach iyam. If he is retained they need to hire a coach who can help be run game coordinator.

Plus I think Mickey would benefit from having a veteran coach and it would help transisition not having to install a new offense.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Being a coordinator is nice because you are the head of one of the phases. Ideally some of those skills should translate to being an effective HC.

I don't think it is a necessary requirement, but I do think it is valuable.

Whipple seems like a really good OC/QB coach iyam. If he is retained they need to hire a coach who can help be run game coordinator.

Plus I think Mickey would benefit from having a veteran coach and it would help transisition not having to install a new offense.
Preferably someone for the run game coordinator position that is also an OL coach. Donny can take a hike.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I'm all in on Mickey when he takes us to Indy
south park x GIF

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Man it is potato central in here. If winning one game against probably the worst team in the Big Ten means suddenly he's the #1 candidate, or the #2 candidate if you're more reasonable, then you all are crazy or drunk. My dog could have coached Nebraska to a win over Indiana. Maybe he should be coach.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Man it is potato central in here. If winning one game against probably the worst team in the Big Ten and suddenly he's the #1 candidate, or the #2 candidate if you're more reasonable. You all are crazy or drunk. My dog could have coached Nebraska to a win over Indiana. Maybe he should be coach.
How's your dog feel about NIL money?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Man it is potato central in here. If winning one game against probably the worst team in the Big Ten and suddenly he's the #1 candidate, or the #2 candidate if you're more reasonable. You all are crazy or drunk. My dog could have coached Nebraska to a win over Indiana. Maybe he should be coach.
angry mickey mouse GIF by South Park

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Group think! Group think! Group think! Succumb.

Everyone is preparing themselves for a B1G CG appearance at this point.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds