Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

May Recruiting thread

2M AGO FOOTBALL

Texas three-star defensive lineman sets Nebraska official visit​

Senior Recruiting Analyst
@GregSmithRivals

Recruiting has changed dramatically over recent years making June a very important month for every college football program with landing players for their program. This year is no exception for the Huskers who will look to host many top targets for official visits next month.
June 23rd weekend is shaping up to the biggest weekend of the summer for Matt Rhule’s crew and I can confirm there is another addition to the list on the defensive line out of Texas.

gdb3mzlwkrnakafylmda

-
NATL
-
ST
-
POS
CHARLES
ANDERSON JR

UNDECIDED
6'7" | 240 LBS | WDE | 2024
GLENDA DAWSON
PEARLAND, TX

Charles Anderson Jr
is a Houston-area defender that also has officials lined up with Northwestern (June 2) and Texas Tech (June 9).

Anderson told me what he’s most looking forward to about the visit.
“The environment around the campus, meeting the other coaches and other recruits,” Anderson said.
Anderson stars at defensive end and tight end for Pearland Dawson High School but also plays AAU basketball. He was second-team all-district in football as a Junior and first-team in basketball. The defender’s relationship with defensive line coach Terrance Knighton has steadily grown.
“It’s [the relationship] going well,” Anderson. “I’m getting to know what he is looking for in a recruit at my position. As we talk more and with his visit to my school, he has clearly shown high interest in me.”
Anderson says the biggest factors in which school he picks will be who can help him develop as a player and the education at school.
That is a tall DE. Better swat some passes so he can get lots of my favorite stat....."Batted balls".

we've offered 2 of the 3

With the NFL Draft hours away I decided to continue a Draft Day series from the past two years where I take a look at Texas High School football prospects that could emerge as NFL Draft gems down the line. Prospects like Micah Hudson, Colin Simmons, and Kobe Black are household names and obvious picks to potentially hear their names called by the NFL commissioner, so like last year I decided to look at players below a high three-star grade (87-89 considered a player with significant NFL upside who expect to be an impact college football player) or a prospect that is currently unranked for this article to highlight the hidden gem aspect.

My selections from the 2021 article all fit the above criteria and all four moved up in the 247 composite by signing day. Those four TXHSFB prospects were Austin Akins OT Nikolas Hall, Amarillo Tascosa ATH Major Everhart, San Antonio Southside QB Richie Torres, Floresville RB Dareion Murphy, and Dallas Jesuit ATH Robert Fitzgerald. Last year's selections were Melissa OT Trevor Goosby, Franklin ATH Bryson Washington, Converse Judson WR Anthony Evans, Henderson QB Jacobe Robinson, and San Antonio Sam Houston OT Jamie Johnson.

Below are three players with enough data to make picks, and two flyers that I'll reevaluate in the fall.

Jaylin Jones, EDGE, Beaumont West Brook

Outlook: The 6-foot-5, 215 pound edge rusher from Southeast Texas is a classic lanky EDGE that by draft day 4-5 years down the line will look like a completely different player. Jones checks another key marker in that he's a stud basketball player in addition to his on the field production. Jones has also picked up positive early offer indicators from Texas Tech, Utah, Indiana, Mizzou, and UTSA.

Dontae Carter, S, Cibolo Steele

Outlook: Owning a share of the single-season interception record at Cibolo Steele is a surefire way to see your recruitment take off. For 6-foot-2, 175 pound safety Dontae Carter that is exactly what he did during the 2022 season racking up seven INTs in only 12 games for the Knights. In addition to Carter's insane production at a school that has produced multiple NFL defensive backs, the unranked safety also self-reports a 79-inch wingspan which if accurate would improve his stock tremendously. A lack of verified speed markers could hurt Carter with rankings services and schools but for now I'm not too worried about that factor of his game. Carter is not ranked by any service but he currently holds six offers including Tulane and Vandy.

Charles Anderson, DL, Pearland Dawson

Outlook: Anderson is a fairly simple inclusion on this list. The 6-foot-7, 240-pounder is a clear defensive line projection down the line that is much more comfortable on the basketball court than the football field at the moment. The greater Houston area prospect has a ridiculously high ceiling that had P5 schools Northwestern, Cal, and Kansas State all eager to offer this offseason.

That is a tall DE. Better swat some passes so he can get lots of my favorite stat....."Batted balls".
Yes - he was a first team all district post player in high school basketball and played AAU ball for the Houston Superstars. I don't think he has spent nearly as much time on football.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back