Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

March Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I was gonna say Jeff is such a nice guy lol.

I graduated from Council Bluffs Thomas Jefferson. So Sioux City East was in our conference. They had a run from about 2001 right after Kirk Hienrich graduated from Sioux City West to around 2006 where they were just nails. 06 is about when the rest of the conference started to catch up.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Will Ferrell Dont GIF by reactionseditor

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

This Husker Online pod episode was actually pretty informative on this front. Also mentioned 1890 had to pay the school for their advertising you saw in the football/basketball stadium/arena and on Huskers.com, etc. So people’s donation money was just going to the school’s top line but not tax deductible since the school was charging 1890 for marketing. Pretty insane.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
This Husker Online pod episode was actually pretty informative on this front. Also mentioned 1890 had to pay the school for their advertising you saw in the football/basketball stadium/arena and on Huskers.com, etc. So people’s donation money was just going to the school’s top line but not tax deductible since the school was charging 1890 for marketing. Pretty insane.
I’m sure they have some good info but Dean is the last source I’d trust for any unbiased take on 1890 or NIL. I’m sure 1890 hated Turd, and I’m sure Turd was happy to play the bad guy in order to keep our coaches insulated from that world.

I’m trying to figure out what 1890 initiatives our coaches would be so desperate to tweet support of, but nothing is immediately coming to mind.

Benard Thomas

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I’m sure they have some good info but Dean is the last source I’d trust for any unbiased take on 1890 or NIL. I’m sure 1890 hated Turd, and I’m sure Turd was happy to play the bad guy in order to keep our coaches insulated from that world.

I’m trying to figure out what 1890 initiatives our coaches would be so desperate to tweet support of, but nothing is immediately coming to mind.
Why the fuck wouldn’t the coaches want to tweet about adding money to 1890 so they get better players? Am I missing something?

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider

It was in reference to coaches at the not top of the food chain sports. Think like women's soccer etc. Is the context I listened to it in.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why the fuck wouldn’t the coaches want to tweet about adding money to 1890 so they get better players? Am I missing something?
My impression is that most coaches don't want the public perception that they're involved with NIL in any way. They can easily have those conversations with recruits in private without bringing scrutiny to the issue.

Maybe I'm wrong. Are there big name coaches actively promoting their school's collectives on social media?

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
My impression is that most coaches don't want the public perception that they're involved with NIL in any way. They can easily have those conversations with recruits in private without bringing scrutiny to the issue.

Maybe I'm wrong. Are there big name coaches actively promoting their school's collectives on social media?
The point in this instance is that our coaches *wanted* to do this and were told “no” by the AD

There’s no objective reason to say no to this as an Athletic Director other than you’re bitter your personal pet project collective out of Omaha never got off the ground

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds