Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Manning and Flemming (1 Viewer)

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean, come on now. We're over complicating this a lot. He's the X. He's going to align opposite the strength for the most part damn near every play. And some of this fucking shit blows my mind. How fucking hard is this shit, to get Boobie in the fucking game, and call plays plays that suit him. The dude is a 6'4 220 freakazoid from all accounts. I don't care if he knows 10 fucking plays. You damn well better teach him how to run a vertical, a seam read, a deep cross, and you're fucking golden for a game or two.

This whole "he doesn't know the playbook" is a cop out for not getting your dudes on the field. And rustles the fuck out of my panties.
"We can't do our job"

That's all I hear from Scott on this.

Cornstar

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sometimes I think "they don't know the playbook well enough" or "they aren't completely up to speed" is coachspeak for they aren't putting in the effort in practice. I don't think a coach wants to come right out and say publicly that a kid isn't putting in the effort.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Sometimes I think "they don't know the playbook well enough" or "they aren't completely up to speed" is coachspeak for they aren't putting in the effort in practice. I don't think a coach wants to come right out and say publicly that a kid isn't putting in the effort.
That is probably right.

But it's year 3....When one of their pillars is to stretch the field vertically, and you've got walk-on's playing WR...pretty much makes that pillar crumble.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
There has to be a direct correlation with how big of a drop off #2 is. Boobie 1,000 X better than #2 walk on means he should only have to try about 50% as often. If he's only 500 X better than he has to try 75% of the time.

I'm not sure how much better he is because he was targeted once and it was knocked down at the line.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
How many plays do we realistically think Nebraska runs? This shit ain rocket science, you can only run so many pass concepts. And the second he runs a wrong route it's a pick....no it's not...that's another cop-out. He runs a wrong route, you're probably throwing it out of bounds or to green grass with no one there. Nebraska runs primarily 3 vertical concepts. 4 Verts, Saints which is basically 3 Verts, and Hi/Lo Sweep. That's basically him running two fucking routes. They ran a flood package last week too, that shit ain't hard. And it's not like these kids have never run a pass concept before.
Omar!

run far!

catch ball!

Unless he is fucking intern level special I bet this means..... They want to have the culture where you have to earn it by showing up everyday. Just a guess.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't even care about Boobies. Fleming and Betts looked like D1 receivers so roll them out. Unless we're going to turn into 95 Nebraska in a week and just fucking run teams over, you're going to need to throw the ball down the field and the Honky Brigade ain't gonna get it done against Big Ten teams

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
I don't even care about Boobies. Fleming and Betts looked like D1 receivers so roll them out. Unless we're going to turn into 95 Nebraska in a week and just fucking run teams over, you're going to need to throw the ball down the field and the Honky Brigade ain't gonna get it done against Big Ten teams
& as good as those 2 look in pads Betts looks even more legit. Dude already has a D1 frame

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's the coaches' job to motivate. That, or replace with better, more motivated athletes. Enough with the excuses.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't say it's easy. It is their job though.
I am totally here. Frost has to get these guys going. I don't care how, doesn't matter, it's his job. It's also his job to cut out all the stupid penalties, figure out his ridiculous red zone issues, and show that the program has a pulse in year 3. He and his staff are compensated, better than most, with the expectation he's going right the ship. Start winning on Saturday's....that's the only thing that matters. Play the players that are gonna get that done. Wyatt Liewer is probably a great kid and deserves some PT, but he ain't the guy on 3rd and 5.

Also, Betts has to play. I realize you can't put to much on a Freshman's plate, but watching him run around Saturday....ohhh myyyy wooooord. So much talent. That kid needs to be a star here. If he isn't, something went wrong. Anyone in the country would love to have a WR like that on their team.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds