Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Manning and Flemming (2 Viewers)

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Any truth to the rumor they quit? Saw the thread on RSS not sure if serious or not.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just saw the Monday interview with Frost. Sounds like they have been limited because they don't know the playbook. How can you have 500 practices and still not know the playbook.
Alcohol.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Deab noted that Omar needed help simply knowing where to line up on one play. Can not confirm....

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
You can’t learn a playbook by not practicing . Meaning you can’t play more than a handful of snaps until you’re up to speed. These 2 missed a lot of practice & it slowed their development unfortunately

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
You can’t learn a playbook by not practicing . Meaning you can’t play more than a handful of snaps until you’re up to speed. These 2 missed a lot of practice & it slowed their development unfortunately
I mean, come on now. We're over complicating this a lot. He's the X. He's going to align opposite the strength for the most part damn near every play. And some of this fucking shit blows my mind. How fucking hard is this shit, to get Boobie in the fucking game, and call plays plays that suit him. The dude is a 6'4 220 freakazoid from all accounts. I don't care if he knows 10 fucking plays. You damn well better teach him how to run a vertical, a seam read, a deep cross, and you're fucking golden for a game or two.

This whole "he doesn't know the playbook" is a cop out for not getting your dudes on the field. And rustles the fuck out of my panties.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
I mean, come on now. We're over complicating this a lot. He's the X. He's going to align opposite the strength for the most part damn near every play. And some of this fucking shit blows my mind. How fucking hard is this shit, to get Boobie in the fucking game, and call plays plays that suit him. The dude is a 6'4 220 freakazoid from all accounts. I don't care if he knows 10 fucking plays. You damn well better teach him how to run a vertical, a seam read, a deep cross, and you're fucking golden for a game or two.

This whole "he doesn't know the playbook" is a cop out for not getting your dudes on the field. And rustles the fuck out of my panties.
Get him to know 10 plays & that’s fine but the second he runs an incorrect route you’re throwing a pick. I agree he needs to get more involved but I don’t think Frost wants another mo Washington situation either so a little bit of a delicate balance there

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Get him to know 10 plays & that’s fine but the second he runs an incorrect route you’re throwing a pick. I agree he needs to get more involved but I don’t think Frost wants another mo Washington situation either so a little bit of a delicate balance there
How many plays do we realistically think Nebraska runs? This shit ain rocket science, you can only run so many pass concepts. And the second he runs a wrong route it's a pick....no it's not...that's another cop-out. He runs a wrong route, you're probably throwing it out of bounds or to green grass with no one there. Nebraska runs primarily 3 vertical concepts. 4 Verts, Saints which is basically 3 Verts, and Hi/Lo Sweep. That's basically him running two fucking routes. They ran a flood package last week too, that shit ain't hard. And it's not like these kids have never run a pass concept before.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Just draw it up in sharpie on a clipboard for him on the sideline. Like, for real.

Cornstar

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Bullshit. Maybe Manning isn't putting the effort in during practice. If that's the case, I don't care how talented he is, he shouldn't play. Quickest way to lose a locker room is to play someone who isn't giving the effort during practice.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Bullshit. Maybe Manning isn't putting the effort in during practice. If that's the case, I don't care how talented he is, he shouldn't play. Quickest way to lose a locker room is to play someone who isn't giving the effort during practice.
And that’s a different story. But to say he can’t get on the field because of the playbook. That’s a cop out. We won’t consistently throw the ball worth a shit if warner and liewer are the outside receivers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds