Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Malcom Hartzog (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do they really have Benhardt for zero pressures allowed like they said on Tater Island?
Theres some subjectivity to it of course. @slattimer would be able to explain each situation better but the one that first comes to mind is the strip sack in the endzone I'm sure they put on Grant. I believe rightfully so. Benhart takes the d end and Grant should have picked up the blitz.

The problem was Benhart hesitated on which guy he was going to take and Grant got confused. When Benhart took a step inside Grant took a step out. Benhart then went back out and Grant lazily (imo) tried to get back inside completely whiffing.

However, if Benhart makes a more confident move to the outside I don't think Grant gets out of position as much.

Watching Grant after that play he seems very lazy in pass pro.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Having said all that Grant didn't have a pressure allowed against Indiana either. So no idea who they gave that to.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Theres some subjectivity to it of course. @slattimer would be able to explain each situation better but the one that first comes to mind is the strip sack in the endzone I'm sure they put on Grant. I believe rightfully so. Benhart takes the d end and Grant should have picked up the blitz.

The problem was Benhart hesitated on which guy he was going to take and Grant got confused. When Benhart took a step inside Grant took a step out. Benhart then went back out and Grant lazily (imo) tried to get back inside completely whiffing.

However, if Benhart makes a more confident move to the outside I don't think Grant gets out of position as much.

Watching Grant after that play he seems very lazy in pass pro.
My guess is, BOB protection. So the backer is Grants guy.

Grant is supposed to take the backer on the delayed blitz.
Benhart is supposed to take the CB.

Benahrt is beat Grant goes to the wrong guy.

@slattimer

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
My guess is, BOB protection. So the backer is Grants guy.

Grant is supposed to take the backer on the delayed blitz.
Benhart is supposed to take the CB.

Benahrt is beat Grant goes to the wrong guy.

@slattimer

Looks to be some sort of 5-0 protection vs an odd front. Benhardt pass the spiked puker off to the G. Good. Then tries to redirect to the outside rusher leaving the interior blitzer grant. Which is pretty standard in half slide. B checks vs the interior blitzer.

Would it have been nice for Benhardt to just take the interior and let the looper to Grant. Yes. But guessing that’s not how the protection is drawn up. Benhardt just isn’t quick enough to pick up the looper.

It’s an error on Grant mostly on the schematic side IMO.

Their sets are a lot different though from previous weeks IMO. And they actually passed shit off pretty well at times in them game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds