Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kearney GB Coach (1 Viewer)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
From superintendent in the link Goskers provided:

The misconduct allegations included behaviors that do not reflect the professional conduct we expect from coaches in KPS. The behaviors include the following: “fishing” for compliments from various players, saying things like “I’m fat and I don’t know why my wife is married to me” only to have players refute those comments, driving a team van to a summer tournament where the song “Wet A** P****” by Cardi B was played and potentially sang by all in the van including Coach Carson who “didn’t remember”, handing out awards at a team banquet that included an award to “the girl who got the most SnapChat numbers from guys on road trips”, and taking a selfie with the players who were clad in bikinis on a summer trip. To be very clear, the most serious allegation of misconduct included a flirtatious relationship and preferential treatment of a specific player... There has never been, nor was there any evidence to suggest that any inappropriate physical relationship occurred between Coach Carson and a player.

1. The "fishing" for compliments accusation seems kind of absurd especially if the coach is naturally self-depreciating.
2. I would bet there are thousands of HS coaches in this country who have driven their players around in a van and listened to songs like Wet Ass Pussy. Those kids listen to that music anyway. Give me a break.
3. The SNAPChat award probably was funny and light hearted, but may have been misguided.

4. Taking selfies with the girls in bikinis was probably stupid and he should have considered the optics, even if it was innocent.

5. I'm not sure there was any evidence to prove the flirting relationship.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
1. The "fishing" for compliments accusation seems kind of absurd especially if the coach is naturally self-depreciating.
2. I would bet there are thousands of HS coaches in this country who have driven their players around in a van and listened to songs like Wet Ass Pussy. Those kids listen to that music anyway. Give me a break.
3. The SNAPChat award probably was funny and light hearted, but may have been misguided.

4. Taking selfies with the girls in bikinis was probably stupid and he should have considered the optics, even if it was innocent.

5. I'm not sure there was any evidence to prove the flirting relationship.
regarding #4 it sounded like the players were asked leading questions to paint JD in a bad light. Additionally KPS didnt inform the parents for several days after the questioning took place.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
From superintendent in the link Goskers provided:

The misconduct allegations included behaviors that do not reflect the professional conduct we expect from coaches in KPS. The behaviors include the following: “fishing” for compliments from various players, saying things like “I’m fat and I don’t know why my wife is married to me” only to have players refute those comments, driving a team van to a summer tournament where the song “Wet A** P****” by Cardi B was played and potentially sang by all in the van including Coach Carson who “didn’t remember”, handing out awards at a team banquet that included an award to “the girl who got the most SnapChat numbers from guys on road trips”, and taking a selfie with the players who were clad in bikinis on a summer trip. To be very clear, the most serious allegation of misconduct included a flirtatious relationship and preferential treatment of a specific player... There has never been, nor was there any evidence to suggest that any inappropriate physical relationship occurred between Coach Carson and a player.
Yeah…no one would have heard about this if he didn’t go cry to the board about the “tactical witchunt”.

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
I can’t piece together why he’d still have a teaching position if this conduct was so egregious. However, now it’s in the public it’s stained Carson’s career. He may struggle to find another job in education. KPS clearly has some classy leadership.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider
I can’t piece together why he’d still have a teaching position if this conduct was so egregious. However, now it’s in the public it’s stained Carson’s career. He may struggle to find another job in education. KPS clearly has some classy leadership.
I'd encourage anyone in the KPS school district to send their kids somewhere else once they hit middle school and especially HS.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think @God is a Husker nailed it. Just harder to remove a teacher than a coach

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Went to school there. The board has always been full of dipshits and micromanagers. They get what they ask for in superintendents for the past 15 years. They’ve had 5. Rumor is: One of the board members helped stage that protest. He bought them pizza. 😂
Morrill HS has its own controversy now….🤔

Last edited:

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Morrill HS has its own controversy now….🤔

Firing him as coach… but letting him finish out the rest of the month as coach?

“This is unacceptable. You are fired. Not now, but in three weeks, you’re definitely gone.”

westernnehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Firing him as coach… but letting him finish out the rest of the month as coach?

“This is unacceptable. You are fired. Not now, but in three weeks, you’re definitely gone.”
You should read the comments on it. His friend/board member is all riled up. It’s quite entertaining to follow. The superintendent’s evaluation is on the agenda for Tuesday night.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds