Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Kansas State program vs ours (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
They probably wouldn't even be in the tournament if our administration had allowed their All American Forward Johnson to enroll at Nebraska. Still chaps my ass they pulled that BS after he was cleared by our medical staff. Add him to our roster and we are probably in the dance and Husker Fans aren't bitching about Fred

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
They probably wouldn't even be in the tournament if our administration had allowed their All American Forward Johnson to enroll at Nebraska. Still chaps my ass they pulled that BS after he was cleared by our medical staff. Add him to our roster and we are probably in the dance and Husker Fans aren't bitching about Fred

What if NU could have landed Johnson and Sonogo!? I still cannot believe a local paper would run that story about how NU doesn't develop centers right after Sonogo's trip to NU. I think it was Washut who said that NU had a great chance to land him until that article came out and UCONN used it to recruit against NU.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s the most Nebrasketball thing ever. This is exactly why Nebrasketball doesn’t figure it out and other places do. Really, from an administrative standpoint, the same could be said about football since Dr Tom left.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What if NU could have landed Johnson and Sonogo!? I still cannot believe a local paper would run that story about how NU doesn't develop centers right after Sonogo's trip to NU. I think it was Washut who said that NU had a great chance to land him until that article came out and UCONN used it to recruit against NU.
We were told by Insiders that Sanogo Committed to the Husker Coaches. Sanogo even mentioned in an interview that U Conn Coaches stayed on him and used the World Herald Article to get him to switch to U Conn. Hard for a staff to replace a big recruiting piece at a position of need late in the recruiting process like Sanogo, or Johnson. That's how you end up with recruiting reaches or more developmental players like Oleg or Andre. Only 13 scholarships in basketball so hits like Sanogo & Johnson can be crippling. That's one of the reasons I have defended HCFH at times.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who wrote the article? I forget.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I actually just found it yesterday as I was telling my uncle about the recruitment of him

Article Date: April 27th I believe (can’t read it)
Sanogo Commitment: May 5th
I can't either. I think it was Evan Blands dorky buddy.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I don’t think Fred deserved anything because he will have to rebuild next year with our best players moving on. I agree we were better this year, but we still weren’t good. I also get why Turd didn’t fire him since he already made a move in football and he can let Fred hang himself next year.
Two firings in one year would have been a bad look, huh?……..😂

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Next year looks eerily similar to Frost for Fred, as he might get fired mid-season if no progress is made. I mean, I hope Fred gets more wins and stays but if not, so be it. We should get a better BB coach.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds