Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Kaidyn Helms top 10 released!

Ya, I think they did something to help correct it with hiring that guy from Arizona as a babysitter.

But somebody said Woods didn't like the idea of coming here because he was the only black OL. Now his coach is black is what I said.

I know Jay also said on multiple occasions that you go to Lincoln and there is snow everywhere. In more ways than the stuff on the ground.

Also there was the incident last summer that involved racism that I never heard what it was exactly.

All I know is like it or not it is the environment we are in and you have to get ahead of it.
That was 100% my thought when they hired Castro-Walker. That's a young, Black dude who presumably has as part of his duties making sure guys who don't have a lot of experience living in a city like Lincoln feel at home and welcome. Ron Brown probably wasn't cutting the mustard there, either because he didn't want to be doing that sort of work or due to being older and more conservative.

That's interesting about Woods. I have wondered if having literally no Black guys in the OL room is potentially a turn-off to certain recruits. But yeah, having a Black OL coach, which is fairly uncommon, would seemingly counteract that. Woods is honestly the one that I think is the biggest loss, too.

Hadn't heard Jay talk about that. I'd be curious what specifically he has in mind.

And yeah, that incident last summer (whatever it exactly was) combined with a lot of the transfers out and then what seems to be some potentially controversial political views among certain players and staff, I can see how some chatter might get off the ground in Omaha about it not being a welcoming place. Something clearly needs to be done.

Bellevue West's Kaden Helms talks top ten, leaving Huskers out | Husker News | omaha.com

NU coach Scott Frost knew several weeks ago. Helms, one of the top 2022 prospects in the state, called Frost and told him he was cutting the Huskers from his long list of suitors. Not because of Frost, or Nebraska’s offense, or its relative lack of success over the last four years, or even its deep tight end room.
Helms’ decision, he said Monday night, was solely rooted in wanting to get out of the state.
“I’m kind of burned out on Nebraska, to be honest,” Helms said. “I lived here a long time, and it’s about wanting to get out and see something different in the world.”

Top Omaha recruits have zero interest in the program...that's a problem. Clearly there is a disconnect. If this would of happened with any other coach in the past 15 years fans would be irate. But it's the old QB so it's cool.

I'll preface this by saying everything is ultimately going to hinge on how this season goes. I can't remember a more obviously important season going into it than this one. Turn the corner and show real improvement? Recruiting will right itself, because this staff has already shown they're good recruiters. What we're seeing now is largely a consequence of Covid disproportionately screwing Nebraska (visits, etc.) and the losing catching up to the staff by removing most of the UCF/Oregon sheen. Put any of that sheen back on, and we're cooking with gas again. On other hand, continue to stagnate or even regress? The wheels will really fall off, and this in-state class will be the least of our worries.

All that being said, I maintain that what we're seeing is unprecedented in Nebraska history. We've been explicitly eliminated by three of the top four players, and the fourth is Micah Riley-Ducker who has already scheduled three officials to other schools and given no indication he's actually seriously considering DONU (plus he has the famously anti-Nebraska stepdad). Insane.
FWIW Riley Ducker wore a Cockeyes shirt to the Millard North vs BW state final... i think its starting to become fun/a game for these kids to try and rile up old Husker fans.

Also Damon and Cuckster Johnson (huge omaha youth mentors) sure aren’t trying very hard to point these kids to NU. The douchebag step dad doesn’t help either. Isn’t he mad because we didn’t offer his son who went to Northern Illinois?

The douchebag step dad doesn’t help either. Isn’t he mad because we didn’t offer his son who went to Northern Illinois?
I'd heard that a couple of times. My understanding (someone correct me if they heard different) was what they were unimpressed with is Nebraska just didn't seem very interested in general. I know nothing about the dad. Whatever the case, the result is going to be Riley Ducker isn't going to have any interest in Nebraska either.

FWIW Riley Ducker wore a Cockeyes shirt to the Millard North vs BW state final... i think its starting to become fun/a game for these kids to try and rile up old Husker fans.

Also Damon and Cuckster Johnson (huge omaha youth mentors) sure aren’t trying very hard to point these kids to NU. The douchebag step dad doesn’t help either. Isn’t he mad because we didn’t offer his son who went to Northern Illinois?
Yeah, it's the dad of Jevyon Ducker who we passed on in favor of, presumably, Will Nixon (and probably a bunch of other dudes who would have gotten an offer in front of him).

Yeah, it's the dad of Jevyon Ducker who we passed on in favor of, presumably, Will Nixon (and probably a bunch of other dudes who would have gotten an offer in front of him).

My understanding is Clester and Ducker have definitely "poisoned the well" at Bellevue West. I would be very surprised if we get any BW kid to commit as long as Frost is here.

My understanding is Clester and Ducker have definitely "poisoned the well" at Bellevue West. I would be very surprised if we get any BW kid to commit as long as Frost is here.
Next years haul looks more promising. Mav Noonan, Gottula, and brahmer with offers already. I’d say we have a better than decent chance with all 3. Any others im missing?

I think its more Clester than Ducker from what I heard. I don't know either one of them though. Just rumor mill.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back