Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Kaidyn Helms top 10 released!

I'll preface this by saying everything is ultimately going to hinge on how this season goes. I can't remember a more obviously important season going into it than this one. Turn the corner and show real improvement? Recruiting will right itself, because this staff has already shown they're good recruiters. What we're seeing now is largely a consequence of Covid disproportionately screwing Nebraska (visits, etc.) and the losing catching up to the staff by removing most of the UCF/Oregon sheen. Put any of that sheen back on, and we're cooking with gas again. On other hand, continue to stagnate or even regress? The wheels will really fall off, and this in-state class will be the least of our worries.

All that being said, I maintain that what we're seeing is unprecedented in Nebraska history. We've been explicitly eliminated by three of the top four players, and the fourth is Micah Riley-Ducker who has already scheduled three officials to other schools and given no indication he's actually seriously considering DONU (plus he has the famously anti-Nebraska stepdad). Insane.

I'll preface this by saying everything is ultimately going to hinge on how this season goes. I can't remember a more obviously important season going into it than this one. Turn the corner and show real improvement? Recruiting will right itself, because this staff has already shown they're good recruiters. What we're seeing now is largely a consequence of Covid disproportionately screwing Nebraska (visits, etc.) and the losing catching up to the staff by removing most of the UCF/Oregon sheen. Put any of that sheen back on, and we're cooking with gas again. On other hand, continue to stagnate or even regress? The wheels will really fall off, and this in-state class will be the least of our worries.

All that being said, I maintain that what we're seeing is unprecedented in Nebraska history. We've been explicitly eliminated by three of the top four players, and the fourth is Micah Riley-Ducker who has already scheduled three officials to other schools and given no indication he's actually seriously considering DONU (plus he has the famously anti-Nebraska stepdad). Insane.
I think the fact we are 12-20 is being magnified by our in ability to develop in person relationships with these kids because of the pandemic.

I mean in a normal year these kids would've been on campus for last year's spring game, a couple games in the fall, junior day, spring practice, etc...

Need to win and build up relationships because Nebraska is cranking out talent.

I think the fact we are 12-20 is being magnified by our in ability to develop in person relationships with these kids because of the pandemic.

I mean in a normal year these kids would've been on campus for last year's spring game, a couple games in the fall, junior day, spring practice, etc...
Agreed. Having those kids around campus a bunch just casually really does help. Oh well, we'll hopefully do a lot better with '23.

I'll also say that I worry there is a deeper problem with how we're recruiting Omaha. Something that we're selling isn't working there.

Agreed. Having those kids around campus a bunch just casually really does help. Oh well, we'll hopefully do a lot better with '23.

I'll also say that I worry there is a deeper problem with how we're recruiting Omaha. Something that we're selling isn't working there.
Damon has hinted at this a ton.

I think we really need Betts to be successful.

Yup, and Damon's hints don't do much to hide that he thinks there's a racial element in play there.
Ya, I think they did something to help correct it with hiring that guy from Arizona as a babysitter.

But somebody said Woods didn't like the idea of coming here because he was the only black OL. Now his coach is black is what I said.

I know Jay also said on multiple occasions that you go to Lincoln and there is snow everywhere. In more ways than the stuff on the ground.

Also there was the incident last summer that involved racism that I never heard what it was exactly.

All I know is like it or not it is the environment we are in and you have to get ahead of it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back