Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Just got laid off for the first time… (1 Viewer)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Sorry to hear that brotha. Hope you're able to get back on your feet. Maybe it's a good thing and you'll do something else that makes you happy.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Felt blind sided but have been thinking of getting out of the construction management game awhile…so it’s a push. Drinking heavily though now I have an extended weekend.
Sucks, dude. Have a few dozen tonight, and look for another opportunity, there are plenty out there

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s still waiting to get laid for the first time. Idk which is worse.

Sorry man. At least no need to dread the AM hangover.
I think getting laid for the first time would be worse. The positive thing is I see a lot of construction companies hiring field supers and pms.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
When one door closes another opens. Learned that about 8 years ago when the same thing happened to me.

It's ok to get shit faced. I slept until 9am the next morning and felt like hell the whole next day when I returned to my office to box everything up. I'm so much better off now, that I'm glad it happened. Maybe not at first, but now it's bliss compared the the bullshit I put up with for years.

The same will happen for you.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That sucks man. Hope your next gig is the one you’ve always wanted.

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
i betcha Dean is lookin for another diversity hire, but the question is can HOL handle 2 Deans?

all kidding aside, same thing has happened to me before. sucks short term but like others said if you attack it like an opportunity you'll come out on top.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sorry to hear that, really sucks. Had it happen a few times when companies fell on hard times. Nothing wrong with tying one on and sleeping it off tomorrow. Maybe go get yourself some dirty leg tomorrow night. The good part is there is a labor shortage all over the country so their should be some job openings out there. Shoot for the stars, go after your dream job.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds