Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

JdS scattered thoughts on the new "Big Three" recruiting services

You have to think that Shannon Terry & co are throwing around some mad dollars to build this thing. I mean no way is the site already generating enough income to pay all these names. Sipple could've been a lifer at LJS, and I imagine it took a nice pay bump to get him to jump ship to a startup.

Who is signing up for Steve Sipple? Maybe you guys can help me out in making more sense of that.
Great post, JDS!

The Sipple thing is interesting because Callahan had lagged on recruiting, as you pointed out, and Sipple doesn't help that. He's not a recruiting guy, doesn't have the connections there and is too old to become a recruiting guru.

I think clearly Sipple was added to bring some analysis, some "article punch" and some insider punch. My read on HOL is that no one reads their fuckin articles. That's why Dean does all those "click the link"... he needs the page views. Mainly bc his site's only value the last few yrs was the RSS chat board. They don't break as much recruiting news as they used to. And it's hard to get insider info out of North Stadium w the secretive way the program is run now.

So I think Sipple adds zero recruiting punch. But he will get page views on his columns. The interesting thing to me is if Sipple is able to let loose with actual insider scoops. He has built his brand last few yrs as an insider but the vast majority of what he brings on radio is mostly "I know more than I can say" then he tries to talk in weird code and ends up not saying anything. That act is gonna wear very thin when you have people paying $10/mo to get insider info and he's not delivering it. Or worse, he's admitting that he DOES know it but won't say it for fear of burning his source.

My guess is that On3 is looking to become the NIL info/insider scoop website. It's all about the insider info these days and less about the HS kid stalking. Why devote your time to some 4* DB from Miami Gardens when the kid is probably gonna transfer out in a year anyway. NU is going more the Ochaun Mathis route anyway. Problem with the insider scoops though is that no one's really getting anything since Frost & Co don't let anything out and you can't go to practices. The site that actually breaks new news is going to be the one that emerges victorious. That's probably the bet they're making on Sipple.

The success of rivals is honestly going to come down to one person and one person only, and that's Nate.

Back when he was with rivals, it was popping. I think a good portion of posters loved him because more often than not, he brought the goods.

Yes it got pretty stale of news towards the end of Nate. But there was covid, the coaches being awful, and maybe Nate mailed it in towards the end because he knew what was coming with Sean.

With Nate only being a part time contributor, I worry it won't be enough. He'll bring the goods, only for the posters to be wanting more. That's why I think On3 will ultimately win out.

If On3 brings in someone else to kind of push Mongo towards the side, game over no matter what really.

OGC.9eb2d92b8b784610d75da703e736e760

And

OGC.25f6934da54ad282adce7fa10a3cd8c1

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back