Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

January Recruiting Thread (6 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

With offer in hand, four-star TE Chase Loftin aiming to visit Texas A&M in spring​

• Andrew Hattersley avatar
    Andrew HattersleySTAFF A&M 247

Omaha (NE) Elkhorn North tight end Chase Loftin is one of the top tight ends in the 2025 class and one of the best players in Nebraska.
    The Cornhuskers are certainly working hard to keep him at home but he is also garnering attention from schools all over the country.
    This month has been particularly busy with coaches on the road and new evals taking place as well. For Loftin he is just enjoying the process with a lot of new schools joining the mix.

“Yeah, it's been chaotic, for sure,” Loftin said. “There's been a lot more schools reaching out and all that stuff. And I'm thankful for all the blessings and opportunities that I get, but it's definitely been a little bit more stressful than I've been used to. But I've been having fun with it.”
    Texas A&M was among the newcomers in his recruitment, but the offer came from a familiar face in Christian Ellsworth. After moving over from Nebraska, Ellsworth quickly put an offer on the table from the Aggies.
    “I started building a relationship with him there, and he got the job at Texas A&M and I was already really close with him,” Loftin said. “So he went in my school, like, just a day or two after and offered me right away, and it meant a ton because I'm already really close with him and the rest of the coaches on staff. So, it was a huge moment for me.”
    Loftin already has a little bit of familiarity with the A&M staff. He was offered by Duke and already built up a strong relationship with Mike Elko. His brother, Braydon Loftin, also played under Collin Klein at Kansas State and had high praise for his coaching acumen.
    “He loves him,” Loftin said of his brother’s feedback about Klein. “Says it is one of his favorite coaches of all time.”
    While no date is set yet, Loftin said he plans to get down to Texas A&M later this spring. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound tight end has more to learn about the Aggies but has a good early impression of the school as well.
    “First thing that comes to mind is big time SEC and a warm place to play football in Texas, to be honest,” Loftin said. “But I know their stadium holds like 105,000 people and I know that town is all football, so I'm definitely excited about them.”
    In addition to the Aggies, several other programs have also been by Kansas State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Carolina, USC and others.
    Loftin is rated as the No. 353 prospect nationally and No.18 tight end in the 2025 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

With offer in hand, four-star TE Chase Loftin aiming to visit Texas A&M in spring​

• Andrew Hattersley avatar
    Andrew HattersleySTAFF A&M 247

Omaha (NE) Elkhorn North tight end Chase Loftin is one of the top tight ends in the 2025 class and one of the best players in Nebraska.
    The Cornhuskers are certainly working hard to keep him at home but he is also garnering attention from schools all over the country.
    This month has been particularly busy with coaches on the road and new evals taking place as well. For Loftin he is just enjoying the process with a lot of new schools joining the mix.

“Yeah, it's been chaotic, for sure,” Loftin said. “There's been a lot more schools reaching out and all that stuff. And I'm thankful for all the blessings and opportunities that I get, but it's definitely been a little bit more stressful than I've been used to. But I've been having fun with it.”
    Texas A&M was among the newcomers in his recruitment, but the offer came from a familiar face in Christian Ellsworth. After moving over from Nebraska, Ellsworth quickly put an offer on the table from the Aggies.
    “I started building a relationship with him there, and he got the job at Texas A&M and I was already really close with him,” Loftin said. “So he went in my school, like, just a day or two after and offered me right away, and it meant a ton because I'm already really close with him and the rest of the coaches on staff. So, it was a huge moment for me.”
    Loftin already has a little bit of familiarity with the A&M staff. He was offered by Duke and already built up a strong relationship with Mike Elko. His brother, Braydon Loftin, also played under Collin Klein at Kansas State and had high praise for his coaching acumen.
    “He loves him,” Loftin said of his brother’s feedback about Klein. “Says it is one of his favorite coaches of all time.”
    While no date is set yet, Loftin said he plans to get down to Texas A&M later this spring. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound tight end has more to learn about the Aggies but has a good early impression of the school as well.
    “First thing that comes to mind is big time SEC and a warm place to play football in Texas, to be honest,” Loftin said. “But I know their stadium holds like 105,000 people and I know that town is all football, so I'm definitely excited about them.”
    In addition to the Aggies, several other programs have also been by Kansas State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Carolina, USC and others.
    Loftin is rated as the No. 353 prospect nationally and No.18 tight end in the 2025 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
I hope Ellsworth gets dysentery

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Klein also -he has been a big factor in Manske being interested in A&M.

Elko was DC at A&M before, but he really doesn't seem like a guy with deep TX recruiting roots. He's from NJ and coached most of his career on the eastern seaboard.

I am not surprised Kelin & Ellsworth have expanded A&M';s recruiting footprint northward. We'll probably battle A&M for several more regional recruits this year.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
J4rte8N_d.webp

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Foley stops at resturants. Apparently Rhule goes to grocery stores.
Guy Fieri has his TM red '68 Camaro SS convertible.

Foley ought to slam dunk him with the red '68 Shelby Mustang GT500.

1706118059735.png

With grocery stores you should be stuck with a red SUV, let's say a 2019

1706118197992.png

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

LB coach making the rounds in Wichita. Been an uptick in talent in Wichita, not quite like Omaha. But if he visited Northwest who's 2026 class is supposed to be really good, I imagine he also saw Hayes over at Maize, Higgins and Maize South and whatever D1 kids Bishop Carroll has on their roster right now. You could drive about 9 miles and cover all 4 of those schools.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I’ll be paranoid Twitter guy…

We’ve been seeing a lot of Twitter activity on the recruiting trail from Simpson and none from Knighton (that I can recall) outside of retweeting offer tweets from recruits. Tell me how much I should be panicking about Pot Roast leaving.
They have Keith Williams out too. I wonder if something changed in the rules? Or something we just didn't utilize with previous staffs?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

I’ll be paranoid Twitter guy…

We’ve been seeing a lot of Twitter activity on the recruiting trail from Simpson and none from Knighton (that I can recall) outside of retweeting offer tweets from recruits. Tell me how much I should be panicking about Pot Roast leaving.
I figured Simpson got on the road to in place of Josh Martin as he went back to analyst and the QB coach had not come on board yet. But who the heck is Keith out there for?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds