Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

January Recruiting Thread (5 Viewers)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. It seemed like a consensus that the highest NIL offer was never the deciding factor. Either because all offers were similar, or there were other reasons for picking their school.
Yeah I think it shows NIL isn't necessarily a decider, but it is a qualifier. If you can offer a competitive package, you're in the door and then you can get back to recruiting as it should be.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
$40k a month and a taco truck?

R.60433065b2e9473246c876d7669d3799
Also me:

Cat Dancing GIF

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member

2025 OL Ziyare Addison talks Nebraska offer​

Nebraska impressed Ziyare Addison in the first phone call​

Mike SchaeferMIKE SCHAEFER98 minsVIP

Nebraska made a big move with Ziyare Addison and it took a few messages and a phone call.

The Huskers got involved with Addison late in December as a recruiting staffer reached out and got things going.

“Nebraska wasn’t on my radar before Friday but after Friday’s call they are now,” Addison said. “Things really moved fast Friday and I loved that. The player development coach contacted me on Twitter, and we hit it off. A few hours later, I was speaking with coach Donovan Raiola himself, and boom - he offered me on the spot.”

Nebraska likes Addison, who could also be a defensive lineman, as an offensive tackle. The conversation between Raiola and Addison went well.

“Coach Raiola was really lit about my athleticism and physicality, and he was super impressed with being a multi-sport athlete in both track and wrestling,” he said. “He said those qualities would be a valuable asset to the Nebraska program.”

While he hasn’t talked with head coach Matt Rhule yet, Addison is looking forward to that chance because of the coach’s previous stop.

“I know who the (Nebraska) head coach is because the Carolina Panthers are my favorite NFL team,” he said. “I like Coach Rhule coaching style.”

The 6-foot-4, 275-pound recruit announced the Huskers offer on Twitter. Addison, a multi-sport athlete, also competes in swimming, track and wrestling.

Addison doesn’t lack for national interest. Besides several in-state Florida schools the big lineman is hearing from a variety of programs including Clemson, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee and UCLA among others.

The Riverview, Florida resident is rated as the No. 27 offensive tackle in the country and the No. 37 recruit out of Florida per 247Sports Composite.

Nebraska currently has four commits in the 2025 class with commitments from Conor Booth, CJ Simon, Tyson Terry and Caden VerMaas.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds