Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Jake Peetz (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I was team #FireFrost, but I’m not gonna lie the events of today got me intrigued, if not a little excited, about the possibilities for next season.

But….if we go ahead and hire Jake Peetz as our OC I will lose most, if not all, positivity gained from today.

If, as Dean suggests, Frost/Nebraska plans on really opening up the checkbook for an OC and give him control of the offense we HAVE to do better than someone who has only 1 shaky year of experience actually calling plays.

This hire HAS TO be someone with experience and success running an offense at the P5 level.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I was team #FireFrost, but I’m not gonna lie the events of today got me intrigued, if not a little excited, about the possibilities for next season.

But….if we go ahead and hire Jake Peetz as our OC I will lose most, if not all, positivity gained from today.

If, as Dean suggests, Frost/Nebraska plans on really opening up the checkbook for an OC and give him control of the offense we HAVE to do better than someone who has only 1 shaky year of experience actually calling plays.

This hire HAS TO be someone with experience and success running an offense at the P5 level.
He’s gonna bring in Chip once UCLA fires him

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

He's from Nebraska and he played for Nebraska so that should be good for a least a 5 year contract.

Last edited:

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It would be really nice to read about a hire and not have "former Nebraska player," "former Nebraska coach," "former Nebraska resident," or "former owner of Bruce Springsteen's 'Nebraska'" in front of their name.

Just find guys and pretend you are hiring for any school but Nebraska.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
They need to find an OC that can bring a day 1 starter at QB with him via transfer portal, imo.

quickest way to get the offense fixed isn't a WR or RB coach, it's a top flight QB. best chance for frost to save his job.

If Martinez, Smothers, or haarburg if starting game 1 next year, this lifeline was a total waste.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I don't know that Peetz is a homer run, but for sure there's some element of LSU is a trainwreck when we evaluate his success this year.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
They need to find an OC that can bring a day 1 starter at QB with him via transfer portal, imo.

quickest way to get the offense fixed isn't a WR or RB coach, it's a top flight QB. best chance for frost to save his job.

If Martinez, Smothers, or haarburg if starting game 1 next year, this lifeline was a total waste.

This. 100% this

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I don’t think we need another alcoholic in the football offices
Freaks And Geeks Cause GIF

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I mean the guy that can bring a qb is Jamey Chadwell lol. I know that’s not going to happen but that kid is a p-l-a-y-e-r

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I mean the guy that can bring a qb is Jamey Chadwell lol. I know that’s not going to happen but that kid is a p-l-a-y-e-r
Yes he is. And he fits EXACTLY what we want to do with this offense (or at least wanted to). I don't see it changing too much if we were to land a player like him though.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
If Peetz is actually the guy, and he brings the LSU QB with him, does our offense actually change? Wouldn't it just be the same thing but without or with less QB runs?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds