Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ives (1 Viewer)

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
Mash Up Christmas GIF
My gawd that’s wonderful

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I remember that as well OP. There were media outlets and posters saying they heard he looked good during summer workouts when he first got on campus. If I had to guess I would say that was mostly him looking the part as he's a freak athletically. But IMO, he still has a ways to go to be a B1G RB.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If we're talking about a highly recruited guy then I could see your worry. But a 3 star kid that played small school ball in Jersey and is only 6'2, 185 lbs...he screams development project. I think Nebraska likes their running back room.
Yeah. If it's pruely a size issue, I am closer to accepting it. And maybe that's all this is. But there are ways to work small players capable of explosive plays into the offense, especially when a major concern of the offense is its lack of explosive playmakers. Ajay Allen was 5-11, 185.
I hope he fills out and developes like you say. I just know running backs who have to redshirt are few and far between and do not have a good track record of success.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I was disappointed when we dropped Arnold Barnes, and this kid was a significant step down as a prospect IMO. I trust EJ Barthel but I didn't like this take one bit.
Ajay Allen and Kewan Lacy are the two RB HS RB recruits we landed that I liked... One of them isn't here so that leaves me worried about the future of the position.

Nebraska shouldn't be a spot where RB is ever a problem.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yeah. If it's pruely a size issue, I am closer to accepting it. And maybe that's all this is. But there are ways to work small players capable of explosive plays into the offense, especially when a major concern of the offense is its lack of explosive playmakers. Ajay Allen was 5-11, 185.
I hope he fills out and developes like you say. I just know running backs who have to redshirt are few and far between and do not have a good track record of success.
5’11, 185 is a lot different than 6’2 185.

Also Ajay Allen had 1 good game vs Ga Southern and ended up injured. So not sure that’s a great argument.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
5’11, 185 is a lot different than 6’2 185.

Also Ajay Allen had 1 good game vs Ga Southern and ended up injured. So not sure that’s a great argument.
Him getting hurt doesn’t affect my argument at all. He had the talent to help the team, so he played. He wasn’t buried as fifth string.

I think we’ve wasted enough hot air on this ultimately meaningless discussion.

GBR305

Linebacker
You mean the kid that ended up at Tulane? Meh.
Tulane was a better team than Nebraska last year & had a better offense than us. The kid ran for 1700 yards & 22 TDs in Louisiana's highest football class & is already gaining praise as potentially starting for them this year.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear glowing reports about how impressive and beastly TFRB Kwinten Ives was when he showed up?
Now we haven't heard a thing about him in practice and he's at most fifth string. Not a good sign when a freshman running back doesn't make any kind of splash as a freshman, it seems from history.
Bit of a project. Hope to recruit right over the top of him. Don't see him ever starting but being a nice player for depth in the future.

klrgumby

Linebacker
This staff has already shown with the week 3 show they don’t care as much about where you are today if you’re a younger player as long as you’re getting yourself better every day you will be ready in a year or two. Emmett Johnson seems to be doing well and many wanted him run off before he even got here and he redshirted.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I remember that as well OP. There were media outlets and posters saying they heard he looked good during summer workouts when he first got on campus. If I had to guess I would say that was mostly him looking the part as he's a freak athletically. But IMO, he still has a ways to go to be a B1G RB.
He's already been recruited over with Lacy. I would imagine they'll try and turn him into an H-back type like Bonner where he can do a bit of everything out of the backfield.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds