Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Kwinten Ives is N (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nah. People were definitely blowing their load over Kreikmerier.
It was a return to Nebraska football. Pelini is recruiting instate kids. He’s a hidden gem. Bullshit rinse repeat. Media fan excite made its way to Norman and got them to kick their tires on him for a minute.
My cousins in West Point said Krekemeier wasn't even the best player or prospect on his high school team. But his dad a former Husker player may have pledged some cattle/beef to the Athletic Department. And of course TO was all for supporting his former player's son and the Nebraska Way. Pelini was just following orders from the Tom Father. How did Micah do for us? We can thank the Tom Father for that one.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
My cousins in West Point said Krekemeier wasn't even the best player or prospect on his high school team. But his dad a former Husker player may have pledged some cattle/beef to the Athletic Department. And of course TO was all for supporting his former player's son and the Nebraska Way. Pelini was just following orders from the Tom Father. How did Micah do for us? We can thank the Tom Father for that one.
Remember it was actually TO that offered Kreikemeier. After Callahan was fired TO then Interim AD made himself Interim HC and was out recruiting. In a Solich move he offered Kreikemeier, and Kreikemeier of course accepted the same day Bo was hired. So, Bo never had any real say in the matter and was stuck with Kreikemeier one way or another.

I found an article about it from back in the day -

"Tom Osborne wasn't messing around when he appointed himself to the Nebraska coaching staff last week. Osborne offered a scholarship, apparently for the first time since he retired from coaching 10 years ago.

Micah Kreikemeier said yes, of course.

The offer to the tight end-defensive end from West Point Central Catholic came about an hour after Osborne introduced Bo Pelini as the Cornhuskers' new coach Sunday. Osborne, the interim athletic director, added the title of interim head coach last week so he could participate in recruiting. Osborne's coaching title lasted five days, but he can still recruit until Pelini fills out his staff."

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Full Mongo

Wait.

How does he possibly know he’s been doing this longer than the tweeter has been Alive without even looking at his profile? Is he saying that’s a skill he has, guessing your age by reading one tweet criticizing him?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Wait.

How does he possibly know he’s been doing this longer than the tweeter has been Alive without even looking at his profile? Is he saying that’s a skill he has, guessing your age by reading one tweet criticizing him?
Mongo:
GIF by Achievement Hunter

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Oh no. Micah left UNL and the state to move to Houston. He’s completely lost his ways. No longer farming. He’s a bloody project manager at an engineering firm. Probably doesn’t even have callused hands. Doc Tom missed on this one in retrospect.

Where I was on Husker Internet when this went down we were pretty furious over the way ADTO came in and fired HCBC, basically letting it be known early on this was going to happen. HCBC would have made staffing moves had ADTO pretended he was interested in helping HCBC become successful. Anyway, not to rehash any of that, but it’s why my corner of the internet was pretty furious over ADTO, once a-fuckin-gain, making unilateral decisions that do not benefit the program in any way. And of course furious over the fan base that felt things were finally fixed.

Then I went on to cheer for Bo until it was clear he had anger management issues and treated the fans as the enemy. The shit he did is insane for a public facing person.

Herbie

Quarterback
Oh no. Micah left UNL and the state to move to Houston. He’s completely lost his ways. No longer farming. He’s a bloody project manager at an engineering firm. Probably doesn’t even have callused hands. Doc Tom missed on this one in retrospect.

Where I was on Husker Internet when this went down we were pretty furious over the way ADTO came in and fired HCBC, basically letting it be known early on this was going to happen. HCBC would have made staffing moves had ADTO pretended he was interested in helping HCBC become successful. Anyway, not to rehash any of that, but it’s why my corner of the internet was pretty furious over ADTO, once a-fuckin-gain, making unilateral decisions that do not benefit the program in any way. And of course furious over the fan base that felt things were finally fixed.

Then I went on to cheer for Bo until it was clear he had anger management issues and treated the fans as the enemy. The shit he did is insane for a public facing person.
Callahan never stood a chance with TO as AD.
I still believe Callahan was done more dirty than Pelini, but we don’t need to go down that road. But Callahan with a new DC and keeping that 2007 class together gets me hard.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

@Nate Clouse worked for Bill Callahan's recruiting department. He has mentioned numerous instances where the Tom Father was detrimental behind the scenes to what Callahan was trying to do. The Kansas D Coaches told me that nobody would be able to stop Callahan's Offense in college football after he got the pieces in place. They thought he was building a perpetual Top 5 program that would have similar success to what the Tom Father built

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I expect nothing out if this recruiting class. Go back and look at our last three or four head coaches' first class. It usually flames out.
The only good thing now is with the transfer portal, you can take a flier on these kids and in 2 years if they aren't developing like you thought they would you can place them in a smaller school.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Dude is skinny Tater Island and 247 have him listed at WR I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he ended up -

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds