Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking It’s official, we are back! (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Nebraska to Big Ten fans:
source.gif

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
Bunch of bullshit in my opinion. I hope teams put someone they can “trust” in charge of testing or this thing is gonna get shut down before it really has a chance to get off the ground. The Karen wing of presidents won this battle IMO. They knew they would get raked over the coals if they didn’t allow the teams to play while other conferences were playing successfully. They also knew they would get blowback if they allowed the B1G to start in early/mid October giving the conference 9-10 weeks to complete an 8 game season. They didn’t want to play and they don’t want anyone else to play. So they forced the pro-play camp to make a deal with the devil knowing, in the end, the pro-play camp would ultimately take anything that gave them a chance to qualify for the playoff.

So they set them up to fail. 8 weeks to complete an 8 week season? WTF?!?! 5% positivity rate among athletes constitutes a level RED “outbreak”. Outbreak? Are you fucking kidding me?!?! That could be anywhere for 6-10 cases depending on roster size. That’s an “outbreak”? And if your student/local population is >7.5% the whole damn program has to shut down. Despite the fact the athletic dept has zero control over that metric. Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae... 21 day quarantine for any athletes that test positive. Holy what the fuck?!?! That extra week, beyond national guidelines, gives them an extra week for additional cases to pop up while completely healthy athletes are still sitting in quarantine. They will have kicked the virus in 7-10 days but will still be considered a “positive case” for another 10-14 days. Total bullshit move by the Karens.

God I hope we can finish a season, but this sure looks like the Karens are pissing on us and calling it rain. They just can’t wait till this thing shuts down so they can say “I told you so”. This whole thing is a total joke. Probably be lucky to even start the season under the 7.5% local infection rate and 5% among athletes. SMH

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Glad the decision it out but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up. With the way this thing was handled from the start and the way they have everything set up, it seems like they're going to pull he rug out from under us here in a few weeks. I hate to be a Daddy Downer but I can't help but feel that's where we're going to end up - little or no football before it's all canceled again.

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
Glad the decision it out but I'm honestly not getting my hopes up. With the way this thing was handled from the start and the way they have everything set up, it seems like they're going to pull he rug out from under us here in a few weeks. I hate to be a Daddy Downer but I can't help but feel that's where we're going to end up - little or no football before it's all canceled again.

It’s literally like me telling you... “You can travel to Hawaii whenever you want, you can leave right now if you want. But you have to swim there. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.”

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Its a little concerning.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bunch of bullshit in my opinion. I hope teams put someone they can “trust” in charge of testing or this thing is gonna get shut down before it really has a chance to get off the ground. The Karen wing of presidents won this battle IMO. They knew they would get raked over the coals if they didn’t allow the teams to play while other conferences were playing successfully. They also knew they would get blowback if they allowed the B1G to start in early/mid October giving the conference 9-10 weeks to complete an 8 game season. They didn’t want to play and they don’t want anyone else to play. So they forced the pro-play camp to make a deal with the devil knowing, in the end, the pro-play camp would ultimately take anything that gave them a chance to qualify for the playoff.

So they set them up to fail. 8 weeks to complete an 8 week season? WTF?!?! 5% positivity rate among athletes constitutes a level RED “outbreak”. Outbreak? Are you fucking kidding me?!?! That could be anywhere for 6-10 cases depending on roster size. That’s an “outbreak”? And if your student/local population is >7.5% the whole damn program has to shut down. Despite the fact the athletic dept has zero control over that metric. Then the cherry on top of the shit sundae... 21 day quarantine for any athletes that test positive. Holy what the fuck?!?! That extra week, beyond national guidelines, gives them an extra week for additional cases to pop up while completely healthy athletes are still sitting in quarantine. They will have kicked the virus in 7-10 days but will still be considered a “positive case” for another 10-14 days. Total bullshit move by the Karens.

God I hope we can finish a season, but this sure looks like the Karens are pissing on us and calling it rain. They just can’t wait till this thing shuts down so they can say “I told you so”. This whole thing is a total joke. Probably be lucky to even start the season under the 7.5% local infection rate and 5% among athletes. SMH
Yup, sounds the Politics B1G cabal still got their out and a FU in the process. FML.

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
Yup, sounds the Politics B1G cabal still got their out and a FU in the process. FML.

One positive I’ve gleaned after getting more of the details, if I’m understanding this correctly, it sounds like the 5% is of total tests administered that week. And that weekly report will determine whether or not a team will be eligible to play. If I’m correct that’s a hell of a lot better than how I originally interpreted the protocols.

Originally I thought that determination was on more of a daily basis and in relation to the numbers of players on a roster. As in, if 5% of the test administered on say a Tuesday came up positive you would be in the red. Or if you had 2% on Tuesday and then 3% new cases on Wednesday that would be 5% of your roster and you’re screwed. But it looks like you could have 5-10 players test positive in a week as long as the infection rate stays below 5% of the total test administered in that weekly cycle. Would suck balls if we (or anyone) had to sit 10 players for 21 days, but at least you could still play the game.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
One positive I’ve gleaned after getting more of the details, if I’m understanding this correctly, it sounds like the 5% is of total tests administered that week. And that weekly report will determine whether or not a team will be eligible to play. If I’m correct that’s a hell of a lot better than how I originally interpreted the protocols.

Originally I thought that determination was on more of a daily basis and in relation to the numbers of players on a roster. As in, if 5% of the test administered on say a Tuesday came up positive you would be in the red. Or if you had 2% on Tuesday and then 3% new cases on Wednesday that would be 5% of your roster and you’re screwed. But it looks like you could have 5-10 players test positive in a week as long as the infection rate stays below 5% of the total test administered in that weekly cycle. Would suck balls if we (or anyone) had to sit 10 players for 21 days, but at least you could still play the game.
Plus, (+) numbers have been bull shit the whole time all over the country. Would expect that to continue through November 4th.

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
Plus, (+) numbers have been bull shit the whole time all over the country. Would expect that to continue through November 4th.

A lot of manipulation is happening to fit one’s agenda and/or narrative. Just watch, if all of the B1G, or most are able to compete with low infection rates throughout the 1st several weeks the season you will begin to read baseless counter articles coming from the usual suspects. They will accuse the universities of lying and not reporting the true numbers. Just watch...

I have several huge libs in my family who live in NJ and Maryland. Two states that are/were total shit shows with regards to covid, yet they spend all their time sending me baseless conspiracy articles on how red states are lying about their covid numbers. 🤣 I’m like why don’t you all work on putting out your dumpster fire instead of manufacturing misinformation to make you look better?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
A lot of manipulation is happening to fit one’s agenda and/or narrative. Just watch, if all of the B1G, or most are able to compete with low infection rates throughout the 1st several weeks the season you will begin to read baseless counter articles coming from the usual suspects. They will accuse the universities of lying and not reporting the true numbers. Just watch...

I have several huge libs in my family who live in NJ and Maryland. Two states that are/were total shit shows with regards to covid, yet they spend all their time sending me baseless conspiracy articles on how red states are lying about their covid numbers. 🤣 I’m like why don’t you all work on putting out your dumpster fire instead of manufacturing misinformation to make you look better?
Have to admit when I head to Jersey to see your sister I'm a little worried. Also I waited an extra few weeks after she said she was feeling better. She was definitely tip top shape as of last weekend though.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds