Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Is this button still working on phones?

I really wonder if the server just gets bogged down with heavier traffic. Right now, it is much faster than when I posted an hour ago or whatever it was that the site is slow. Still not blazing, but much, much faster.

I seriously often have to go to a different tab/site because waiting 30+ seconds for the next page to load gets tiring. So I just go to a different site, come back a minute or so later and see if TPB has loaded.

I do not have "fast" internet. Have T Mobile home internet - 5G router - it usually hits 10 to 25 mbps upload, which is obviously slow as balls compared to fiber (no fiber or any other options where I live). It doesn't seem to effect other sites, just this one, so I don't think it is my internet. I mean, I stream 4K on my TV while browsing the internet, and also have several other people who are often using the internet doing the same. Don't think my internet, while obviously slow for modern standards, is the issue. Other sites load fairly well. If no fix is found, I will live.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I used to have issues but haven’t had any since we upgraded to the new server. Definitely don’t want it loading that slow for you

I really wonder if the server just gets bogged down with heavier traffic. Right now, it is much faster than when I posted an hour ago or whatever it was that the site is slow. Still not blazing, but much, much faster.

I seriously often have to go to a different tab/site because waiting 30+ seconds for the next page to load gets tiring. So I just go to a different site, come back a minute or so later and see if TPB has loaded.

I do not have "fast" internet. Have T Mobile home internet - 5G router - it usually hits 10 to 25 mbps upload, which is obviously slow as balls compared to fiber (no fiber or any other options where I live). It doesn't seem to effect other sites, just this one, so I don't think it is my internet. I mean, I stream 4K on my TV while browsing the internet, and also have several other people who are often using the internet doing the same. Don't think my internet, while obviously slow for modern standards, is the issue. Other sites load fairly well. If no fix is found, I will live.
I have the same slow issue as you. Doesn’t matter if I’m on cellular or at home with gig fiber.

I ran some web page load speed tests tonight and they gave us a D. I looked into some options and tried unsuccessfully to implement them tonight. I accidentally took the whole website down a couple of times but luckily was able to un-fuck it up 😆 I'll look into some more options and ask the people better at this stuff than I am if they have any ideas. Sorry, it always loads quick for me so I didn't even realize there was an issue

I ran some web page load speed tests tonight and they gave us a D. I looked into some options and tried unsuccessfully to implement them tonight. I accidentally took the whole website down a couple of times but luckily was able to un-fuck it up 😆 I'll look into some more options and ask the people better at this stuff than I am if they have any ideas. Sorry, it always loads quick for me so I didn't even realize there was an issue

No worries man. Appreciate your effort!

Do you guys mind trying to switch your style to “xenforo default style” down at the bottom and see if it loads quicker? I’m just curious if the theme has something to do with it.

Also if it’s not too much of a hassle, do this in Chrome and let me know what it says:

Right click, Inspect > select Network Tab. Refresh page.

It creates a timeline of the web page loading, and indicates exactly what is loading, how long it took, size, etc.

Do you guys mind trying to switch your style to “xenforo default style” down at the bottom and see if it loads quicker? I’m just curious if the theme has something to do with it.

Also if it’s not too much of a hassle, do this in Chrome and let me know what it says:

Right click, Inspect > select Network Tab. Refresh page.

It creates a timeline of the web page loading, and indicates exactly what is loading, how long it took, size, etc.

I clicked the tab on the bottom. I was already on Xenforo default style. I switched it to the bottom option. Now TPB looks like it did before the change over. Which, I must say, is much better and easier to read. The greying out of the Xenforo default style was not to my liking. I plan to keep it on this one.

Also - and this may be coincidental since before the change over ever happened, TPB was always loading very slow - now it is loading much faster for me. No jinx.

Like seriously, it loads super fast now. Just before this, it was taking 30+ seconds to load. At times I couldn't even get the bell indicator at the top right to open. It would spin and spin, then eventually just say the site was experiencing problems. Now it opens right up.

I am on chrome android right now, and the like button still does not give the option to hover over it and then choose from different like styles. Not the end of the world, but a function that was lost in the change over.

To be clear, I am on TPBv3 style now. Looks much better, and so far, loads much faster.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back