Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Mickey (1 Viewer)

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Exactly! He gets an actual audition. We will know if he's legit or not after the next 9 games. Personally I think it would be incredible if he pulls off a miracle run haha.

I’d even be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if we end up 7-5 or so and strike out on our A list because of how badass of a recruiter he is.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I’d even be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if we end up 7-5 or so and strike out on our A list because of how badass of a recruiter he is.
Oh man if he goes 6-3 after that atrocious start, I'm all in baby. Frost went 1-2 against the 3 teams that were considered the easiest part of the schedule, Mickey has to play a schedule of OU + Big Ten. 6-3 would be a miracle.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh man if he goes 6-3 after that atrocious start, I'm all in baby. Frost went 1-2 against the 3 teams that were considered the easiest part of the schedule, Mickey has to play a schedule of OU + Big Ten. 6-3 would be a miracle.
2 wins is outperforming expectations. 3-4 would be incredible, anything over 5 would be insane, but I definitely think he's gotta win 6 or more to put himself in contention.

But I expected 0 if Frost stayed so it's house money at this point

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Mickey is going to have to absolutely crush it and make it impossible for Turd to hire someone else. Like a 7-2 beat OU or Michigan type of campaign. Clear message from the press conference was moving away from the the Nebraska guy shtick.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
9: He wants to prove himself. I think this is key. Scott had just won COtY and DEFINITELY ACTED LIKE we were lucky to have him. Mickey strikes me as a guy who really wants to make a name for himself and is the opposite of a guy who thinks he's already made it.
FIFY

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Mickey is going to have to absolutely crush it and make it impossible for Turd to hire someone else. Like a 7-2 beat OU or Michigan type of campaign. Clear message from the press conference was moving away from the the Nebraska guy shtick.

He basically has to win this weekend to get the momentum going for himself.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If he takes the team as currently constructed and rattles off a 6-3+ finish, I think it's a conversation worth having.
That's it. That's where the conversation begins and ends with Mickey right now. I would expect one of those L's to be this week so nothing changes until Indiana unless he pulls off an upset. He pulls off an upset and this conversation gets interesting right away.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's it. That's where the conversation begins and ends with Mickey right now. I would expect one of those L's to be this week so nothing changes until Indiana unless he pulls off an upset. He pulls off an upset and this conversation gets interesting right away.

If he doesn't win this week, the hiring process will be too far gone to give him real consideration

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
You think? I dunno. I think it takes a month or so before they even start talking offers. By that point they should know if Mickey is on the right track.

Guess we'll find out. That early signing day really pushes these things up.

Half curious if we'll start seeing coaches leave jobs midseason

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds