Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

If you can have a beer with a random tPB member that you don't know (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

SantaBarbaraSker

Linebacker
tPB OG
Me and the fam are flying in and out of SB this year over the holidays since there aren’t any direct flights to LA anymore from Omaha. Unfortunately I don’t think my wife or our one year old will be in the mood for drinks after we land on Christmas night.

Would be about par for the course…With only a couple of exception every time a PB or RSS member is in Santa Barbara, I am either out of town on vacation, or more often business…this time I’ll be back in gods country (N) for two weeks for the holidays.

Enjoy your brief visit to our fine city. Hope you don’t get lost in our huge and bustling 4 gate airport…:)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would be about par for the course…With only a couple of exception every time a PB or RSS member is in Santa Barbara, I am either out of town on vacation, or more often business…this time I’ll be back in gods country (N) for two weeks for the holidays.

Enjoy your brief visit to our fine city. Hope you don’t get lost in our huge and bustling 4 gate airport…:)

I’m so excited to be flying in and out of there. My parents are in Oxnard so it’s basically equidistant anyway, but so much less of a hassle than LAX.

SantaBarbaraSker

Linebacker
tPB OG
I’m so excited to be flying in and out of there. My parents are in Oxnard so it’s basically equidistant anyway, but so much less of a hassle than LAX.

Much less of a hassle! I pay hundreds of dollars extra to fly out of Santa Barbara over LAX. Santa Barbara Airport is such a pleasure… It’s even easier than Lincoln airport if you can believe that.

Just built a new airport about eight years ago. Before that they had no jetways and you’d take the stairs off the plane onto the tarmac and walk to the terminal…baggage claim was outside under a canopy attached to some palm trees…:LOL:

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
think Bobdad and Gemini and myself would be a fun sit down at happy hour FAAARRRRTTTTT

Cot Damn....I would love to see a Montley Crew of some of you interacting. Not gunna lie....I would pay admission for it.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ventura is amazing. Most underrated town in California. Not a fan of Oxnard?

Frankly I don't know enough about either place to have an informed opinion. I was back there a couple years ago but I moved when I was 3 or 4, and for the remainder of my youth I lived in places where being born in California was a shameful thing.

Maybe I'll revisit some day.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frankly I don't know enough about either place to have an informed opinion. I was back there a couple years ago but I moved when I was 3 or 4, and for the remainder of my youth I lived in places where being born in California was a shameful thing.

Maybe I'll revisit some day.
Oxnard is very different than Ventura. Ventura is a beach town with houses up the side of the hills, great views, etc. Oxnard is more of an agricultural town, with a significant population of day laborers who work the strawberry fields, etc. There's really not much to do in Oxnard, but my parents live in the Channel Islands Harbor which is nice because you can keep a boat, paddleboard, etc. and they're surrounded by water.

Was your family military? There's a huge base in Port Hueneme.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds