Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I have to wonder how much this plays into our defense's performance the last two games

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
1726930111021.png
I've always thought that the advantage of a 3-3-5 defense was that the offense would never know where the pressures were coming from, how many were coming and what the coverages are. If offenses know they only have to count to four it has to make things a lot easier for them. Rushing with only four should be an ideal but it shouldn't be the standard. I mean yeah its great in a fantasy world if you only have to rush four. Suh and his pals made Bo and his brother look like the smartest guys in the world. We don't have a Suh and we don't even have a Jared Crick. My biggest take away from the last two games is I fear Tony White is handcuffed by this ridiculous concept. If you can get away with it great. But when its not getting home to stay with it is stupid. I don't believe Tony White is stupid.

View attachment 42343
I've always thought that the advantage of a 3-3-5 defense was that the offense would never know where the pressures were coming from, how many were coming and what the coverages are. If offenses know they only have to count to four it has to make things a lot easier for them. Rushing with only four should be an ideal but it shouldn't be the standard. I mean yeah its great in a fantasy world if you only have to rush four. Suh and his pals made Bo and his brother look like the smartest guys in the world. We don't have a Suh and we don't even have a Jared Crick. My biggest take away from the last two games is I fear Tony White is handcuffed by this ridiculous concept. If you can get away with it great. But when its not getting home to stay with it is stupid. I don't believe Tony White is stupid.
Really makes you think

Wonder if this gets talked about this week. Rhules game plan isn’t working right now and defense is pretty vanilla. I don’t see many stunts upfront or stunts with LBs. We don’t have the the dudes right now.

Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

I like an aggressive defense that brings the heat. We haven't really seen that since the first half of the CU game.

Ears pinned back, overwhelm them. Sure, mix it up, but the overriding theme should be to bring the heat. It puts fear into the opponent.

3-3-5 you gotta have a group of really good LB's. Obviously a stout 3 interior DL. But to think only rushing 3 or 4 is gonna work against better teams... is fools gold.

This was by far TW's worst game as our DC. We'll see how he adjusts.

The pessimist in me says it can’t be that simple. If we start blitzing again and suddenly look like last year’s defense then holy fuck. Why couldn’t you tards make those adjustments in game and win the fucker?
I think what people are freaking out about is there were IL receivers wide open all night even dropping 6-7. IL’s OC called a master class game can’t even be mad about it. I fucking hate fat Bert though.

Defense has to get better, didn’t think we would get whipped on d line like we did. Still trust Rhule and T white to get it fixed. Bigger concern for me is we rushed for 48 yards. I get sacks in there but if we can’t rush for 100 yards a game in big ten without blinking we have some ass kickings headed our way.

We started to run better late in the game then forgot

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back