Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Husker baseball comes in at 14 (1 Viewer)

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Hitting is his speciality and his team can’t do it.

I’m sure he’ll say some cool stuff that people wanna hear though soon and all will be forgotten.

The amount of equity Will Bolt got for taking inherited talent and getting them to a slightly better spot than Erstad did is absolutely hilarious. You’d think he was Joe Torre in the middle of the Yankee run for the three-peat.

Bolt has never made an excuse nor will he. He knows they're underachieving and will do what it takes to get it right.

Inherited talent? Povich, Hroch, Frank, Wynne, Bunz, Everitt, Anderson & Olson are all guys recruited by Bolt. Good luck repeating 2021 without those guys. Will and his staff had drastically improved the "inherited talent", in both aspects of the game. You thinking Hallmark, Acker & Roskam, and to a much lesser extent Schwellenbach, were something special under Erstad is what's actually hilarious. Heck, throw in Chick's improvement as well.

It was a great mix of developing the current roster and recruiting at a high level what was needed to complete the team.

You want to know why Nebraska is where they are this year? Go look at the 2018 & 2019 recruiting classes. Bolt will get it right and fully expect to see it in 2023.

blackshirt98

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
You took my post about Povich very very personally. Sorry for my opinion that Christo and Hood will be better players. Sorry that me saying “much better” got your panties in such a wad,
Christo is finishing up his 2nd year in college. At this point, Povich has a shortened COVID year in which he was a weekend starter in Lincoln and started more games than either of these two did combined this year.

Next year, I’ll eagerly anticipate Nebraska going 15-0 on Friday nights with Christo on the mound, to prove at least one of your guesses is “much better” at the same point in their careers. Again, 11-4 in games started, All Big10 1st team, and 3x B1G pitcher of the week, early 3rd round pick is the standard. We’ll ignore the fact he’s having legit success in the minors and on a path to get called up next year, and just focus on college. I’d assume “much better” is 1st team All American, 6x B1G POTW, and a 1st round pick. Nebraska is going to be REALLY good with that type of production on Friday nights. Can’t wait!!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds