Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How did it feel the first time you took it in the ass (1 Viewer)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Felt like this pic looks

(I’m on the right, my fat ass baby brother is now 3 inches taller than me. Damnit)

north-platte-trip-1-050.jpg

EDIT: found a pic from the Fall of 1997.
My style remains impeccable.
IMG-9350.jpg

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Euphoric. Disbelief after we had been on that bowl losing streak and seemed to be cursed.

The 72nd & Dodge thing was spontaneous because everyone felt the same & wanted to go celebrate with other people and there weren't really any of the widespread modern ways to coordinate.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
1994 Orange Bowl

I remember running around the house after

Still remember what’s his face kicking the ball out of the back of the end zone and my dad going nuts

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
do not remember, I was 2. I assume it was absolutely electric. Think we were in living in Atlanta at the time

doublewing

Running Back
I was a college student at the time and wanted to be in Miami to see it, but my Sister's wedding ruined those plans.

However, the silver lining was I got to watch the game with my Dad and Brother. We suffered through all the gut wrenching losses before and it was fitting to watch it with them. I cried as a kid in the '84 OB loss and I recall my Dad saying that they'd get back there. They did, just took a while.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
There was euphoria around breaking through for the first NC. Had to shoot down to 72nd and Dodge with my buddy. Was 16 at the time.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Surreal

My brother and I drove around South Bend IN after midnight with flags flying, screaming out the windows, and honking the horn like idiots. It was glorious.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I was in Miami for the '94 game and it was surreal... Miami fans were talking so much crap to us before the game and especially at halftime. There were absolutely silent when the game ended... We didn't want to leave the stadium afterwards!

One of the crazier road trips. I was a Junior at the time and was supposed to go with 3 of my friends. A week before the game, two of the three backed out, and sold their tickets to some randos who ended up going with us. We took my friend's beat up Toyota Tercel, which was an absolute piece of crap. We drove straight through to Miami, getting there around noon, and pulled into a Burger King. When we went to leave, the car wouldn't go into gear. My friend had just gotten a credit card that had roadside assistance with it, so we called for a tow truck. Tow truck driver shows up with a flat bed tow truck and says that he only has room for 2 of us in his cab. We ask if the other 2 can ride in the car and he says that's illegal and then proceeds to shake us down for $50 in cash if the other 2 lay down in the car so we can't be seen. He drops us off at a rental car place, where we discover that you have to be 25 in order to rent a car. The agent proceeds to shake us down for $100 in cash to make the paperwork look like one of us is 25 so we can rent the car.

We didn't think to book a hotel room before we left, so we're driving around on the day of New Year's Eve trying to find a hotel to stay at. We finally find someplace in the hood, which was shady as shit. The front desk guy gets us a room, and sells us some weed, so we get high before going out in Miami Beach. Had a good time and decided to get a late night bite at this all night diner, only to see a guy get stabbed outside the window of the booth we were sitting in.

The game was the next day, which was absolutely awesome. The Orange Bowl Stadium was in the hood. We went to park on the street to walk to the stadium, only to be approached by a big Jamaican guy who told us that he needed $20 for parking. We told him that it was public parking on the street. He kindly asked us if we wanted him to make sure our car was going to be there when we got back or not. Another shake down, another payment.

The next day, we heard from the mechanic where the car was towed to. The car ended up needing a new transmission, which was more than the car was worth. Last minute flights on day after New Year's were insane, so we booked tickets on Greyhound to bus it back to Nebraska. 42 hours on a freaking Greyhound bus and a lot of crazy experiences...

But, I got to see the first national championship of my lifetime, in person, and for that, I wouldn't change a thing!

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I was in Miami for the '94 game and it was surreal... Miami fans were talking so much crap to us before the game and especially at halftime. There were absolutely silent when the game ended... We didn't want to leave the stadium afterwards!

One of the crazier road trips. I was a Junior at the time and was supposed to go with 3 of my friends. A week before the game, two of the three backed out, and sold their tickets to some randos who ended up going with us. We took my friend's beat up Toyota Tercel, which was an absolute piece of crap. We drove straight through to Miami, getting there around noon, and pulled into a Burger King. When we went to leave, the car wouldn't go into gear. My friend had just gotten a credit card that had roadside assistance with it, so we called for a tow truck. Tow truck driver shows up with a flat bed tow truck and says that he only has room for 2 of us in his cab. We ask if the other 2 can ride in the car and he says that's illegal and then proceeds to shake us down for $50 in cash if the other 2 lay down in the car so we can't be seen. He drops us off at a rental car place, where we discover that you have to be 25 in order to rent a car. The agent proceeds to shake us down for $100 in cash to make the paperwork look like one of us is 25 so we can rent the car.

We didn't think to book a hotel room before we left, so we're driving around on the day of New Year's Eve trying to find a hotel to stay at. We finally find someplace in the hood, which was shady as shit. The front desk guy gets us a room, and sells us some weed, so we get high before going out in Miami Beach. Had a good time and decided to get a late night bite at this all night diner, only to see a guy get stabbed outside the window of the booth we were sitting in.

The game was the next day, which was absolutely awesome. The Orange Bowl Stadium was in the hood. We went to park on the street to walk to the stadium, only to be approached by a big Jamaican guy who told us that he needed $20 for parking. We told him that it was public parking on the street. He kindly asked us if we wanted him to make sure our car was going to be there when we got back or not. Another shake down, another payment.

The next day, we heard from the mechanic where the car was towed to. The car ended up needing a new transmission, which was more than the car was worth. Last minute flights on day after New Year's were insane, so we booked tickets on Greyhound to bus it back to Nebraska. 42 hours on a freaking Greyhound bus and a lot of crazy experiences...

But, I got to see the first national championship of my lifetime, in person, and for that, I wouldn't change a thing!
Sounds like you got the full Miami experience

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Wow. Thank you for sharing. One helluva story and sounds like something that would happen in the 90's and would (unfortunately and fortunately) not happen in today's era.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I started watching Nebraska football in 1992 with my stepdad. I vividly remember watching the Natty vs FSU and after the missed kicked, dad was pissed and punched the fridge. I thought to myself, this shit is serious. And have been an avid Husker fan since. Since my hometown was basically full of grapes, I took great joy talking shit to the grape fans when we whipped their ass, and winning Natty's. It was especially gratifying when the Turmanator started and we whipped their ass. Grapes were pissed.

Fast forward to the year they finally beat us, holy shit. The amount of phone calls from grapes leaving messages and grape signs put up in our yard...is probably a big reason I despise that shitbox fan base to this day.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
97 was the first natty I was old enough to really get it. My dad's youngest sister had passed away suddenly right around Christmas. I spent the wake in the car listening to us beat Tennessee.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I was a freshman in college (that's right. Three nattys in my four years at UNL), back home in small town eastern Nebraska watching the Miami game at a high school buddy's house.
Could not believe we finally broke through. Damn near stunned. We had been through so many years of losing to Florida teams in Florida bowls, or losing to Oklahoma to prevent us from getting there. Something good was finally happening!

The next year I went to the Fiesta Bowl. Talk about a natural high. My feet didn't touch the ground the second quarter. Euphoric. Couldn't believe just how good we were!

Last edited:

doublewing

Running Back
What adds to the legend of TO is his halftime speech. It played out exactly like he said it would including his prediction that Miami would lose composure and get some stupid penalties. He never deviated from his game plan the whole game. He knew we'd break through in the second half.

Serious TO wisdom in full display:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds