Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Hornsby nugget (4 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Per On.3, the drop-dead date for transfers to enroll at Nebraska would be January 30th.

I don't believe Hornsby enrolling in classes at Texas State would technically prevent him from changing course & coming here if he hadn't participated in team football activities there yet, but I have no idea whether he's done so or not.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
How many talented WR's we gonna be able to fit in the WR Room?
From what I have been told... Bonner, Jones and Hardy are busts so far. FWIW I have conflicting opinions I am hearing on Bonner.

You also have Betts who is an All world WR if he is checked in. You have IGC who already quit once. You have Coleman who I am not holding my breath on. Then you have 2 Freshmen WRs who are fast and thats about it right now.

I would love to add Hornsby if he comes in knowing he isn't a P5 QB, but is athletically likely an NFL WR. Bring him in and use him as a Wildcat QB and slot WR.

If McGuire fields a good WR room I will be highly impressed.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
From what I have been told... Bonner, Jones and Hardy are busts so far. FWIW I have conflicting opinions I am hearing on Bonner.

You also have Betts who is an All world WR if he is checked in. You have IGC who already quit once. You have Coleman who I am not holding my breath on. Then you have 2 Freshmen WRs who are fast and thats about it right now.

I would love to add Hornsby if he comes in knowing he isn't a P5 QB, but is athletically likely an NFL WR. Bring him in and use him as a Wildcat QB and slot WR.

Damn. I thought Bonner would have been serviceable from the first reports.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Damn. I thought Bonner would have been serviceable from the first reports.
Yeah I basically have 2 polar opposite reports on him...

I said that I felt him and Ajay were two guys to build around on this offense from last class. My guess is he has it as far as talent but needs to change his S&C/nutrition aspect of things.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yeah I basically have 2 polar opposite reports on him...

I said that I felt him and Ajay were two guys to build around on this offense from last class. My guess is he has it as far as talent but needs to change his S&C/nutrition aspect of things.
Take your two sources and indirectly bounce them against each other. Make each combat the others thoughts and pull a final report off that.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The inability to find WRs that can actually play football over the last 5-8 years is ridiculously frustrating.
A lot of schools have this issue, There are a LOT of former 4 & 5 star WR busts in the portal who end up at a lower level. If you’re fast you can look like a world beater in high school but when you face faster, stronger secondary guys in the P5 you get exposed. Probably one of the hardest positions for recruit evaluation.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Jones and hardy are two Im hearing might transfer after spring. They like the body of Bonner and think he can progress well

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you have a good source, validate against one of the mods. That’s all we ask.
yup, run it by @HuskerGarrett so we don't get you confused with the Juan's & BigCL's of the football rumor world who are just looking for attention

am-i-the-only-one-around-here.gif

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If you have a good source, validate against one of the mods. That’s all we ask.
He literally said he has gotten conflicting opinions about bonner. Which coincides with what I stated. I dont think that was going against what he stated

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
A lot of schools have this issue, There are a LOT of former 4 & 5 star WR busts in the portal who end up at a lower level. If you’re fast you can look like a world beater in high school but when you face faster, stronger secondary guys in the P5 you get exposed. Probably one of the hardest positions for recruit evaluation.
They had an article in the athletic that had the average star rating of the all pro team as high school recruits as like 2.5..

Thought that was pretty interesting.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds