Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Has Omaha Steaks always sucked?

Costco needs to be 3b on that list
They're not super consistent but on average I'd take Costco prime ribeye (with price factored in) over any of the grocery stores including Fareway and Just Good Meats.

I can't remember ever going to a butcher shop. Too inconvenient.

Only time I buy steaks is when I run out of the latest 1/2.

Does fareway have good deals on chicken breast? I've been trying to find a replacement for Hy-Vee since the ones out of their meat case are so much better than the frozen garbage. They're just pricy.
Yeah. Usually where I get all my chicken. Just have to trim it all which is not a big deal

I’ve heard Fareway has a pretty good meat section. It’s one of those things of force of habit. “We need to get groceries, so let’s go to Hyvee”. We usually go to Sioux City or Norfolk for groceries, I know there is a couple of them there but not sure about Norfolk. Hyvee has gotten expensive overall lately and their fuel saver sucks anymore. Definitely need to push ourselves to try fareway lol
If you want to spend all the money you make, go to Hy-Vee. Most expensive grocery store in the nation by a mile.

They're not super consistent but on average I'd take Costco prime ribeye (with price factored in) over any of the grocery stores including Fareway and Just Good Meats.

I can't remember ever going to a butcher shop. Too inconvenient.

Only time I buy steaks is when I run out of the latest 1/2.
You try out that Peed butcher shop on Maple? I guess it’s bomb

Have personally never had a "good" steak from Omaha Steaks, but I'll never personally complain about having a steak on my plate in general. IMO, farm fresh is best, Sam's Club is a very very close second, HyVee third. But shit if Sam's and HyVee aren't expensive these days. I guess it depends how bad you want steak.

Heard it's expensive af but allegedly worth it. Never tried it though. Want to grab some ribs and see how much better they are.
If you do get steaks from them just watch them closely when you grill em, supposedly the way they age them makes them cook faster. Guy at the one in Lincoln gave me that tip and they turned out great, but I’d have overcooked them without knowing that.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back