Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Harbaugh Update (1 Viewer)

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Michigan selling their souls and offering cause immunity isn’t being talked about enough. What an awful message it sends to the integrity of the sport for an administration to basically say, “We’re willing to overlook blatant cheating in a public way because you’re winning”…

Just an awful look

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Michigan selling their souls and offering cause immunity isn’t being talked about enough. What an awful message it sends to the integrity of the sport for an administration to basically say, “We’re willing to overlook blatant cheating in a public way because you’re winning”…

Just an awful look
Are you saying absolute immunity is a terrible precedent to set and a really bad idea for all involved?

• Haha
Reactions: Irv

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
So Harbaugh had been at Michigan for three years and gone 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, never finishing higher than third in the division.

During his fourth year, 2018 - Frost's first season, I went to the Nebraska-Michigan game in Ann Arbor week 3. I remember talking with a Michigan fan and he said, "Scott Frost is kind of like you guys' Jim Harbaugh for us."

And I remember my immediate reaction was, "My god, I hope not. We have way higher goals and hopes than what Harbaugh is doing at Michigan." I didn't say that out loud, but I absolutely thought it and the guy probably saw the shock and confusion on my face.

At that time, Harbaugh was seen as a dissapointment at Michigan, especially after dropping to five losses in year three, and 2018 me was absolutely insulted anyone would compare Harbaugh to Frost.

If I step back, the guy I was talking to was probably taking more of the "former star quarterback returning to his alma mater with hopes of restoring glory" angle than he was talking about results. In that sense, the Frost and Harbaugh situations were very similar.

Looks pretty foolish to look back on now! Luckily for Michgian, they were patient enough to keep Harbaugh through several 4 and 5 loss seasons (including 2-4 in 2020) and that paitence paide off with three straight playoff appearances and a natty (once they started cheating and stealing signs! :) ) while we Husker fans could only dream of Frost matching Harbaugh's level of success, including any "dissapointing" 8-5 seasons.

Last edited:

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

I wonder if this is a good or bad hire? I know nearly nothing about him except he filled in has HC during Harbaugh's suspension...which was a farce. I guess I know that he cried after the PSU game.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I wonder if this is a good or bad hire? I know nearly nothing about him except he filled in has HC during Harbaugh's suspension...which was a farce. I guess I know that he cried after the PSU game.
Time will tell how good of a hire this is. Yes, he filled in for Harbaugh on game days. But practices and game plans were still done by Harbaugh.

This contract, to me, reflects a prove yourself theme. Base salary of only $500k and everything else is incentive loaded.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Time will tell how good of a hire this is. Yes, he filled in for Harbaugh on game days. But practices and game plans were still done by Harbaugh.

This contract, to me, reflects a prove yourself theme. Base salary of only $500k and everything else is incentive loaded.
It's almost as if it's $500K per win...ha ha!

His agent did a poor job IMO.

This contract wouldn't surprise me if it was Cockeye. :ROFLMAO:

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

there's an "additional payment" of $5 million so even if he flames out and gets fired after year 1 he'll have made the equivalent of coaching 3 years as a top coordinator. easily worth the risk for a first time HC to get a shot at a program that big

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member

The extra $5m every year isn’t performance based.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds