Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Happy 4th of July to our tPBers! 💥

We had the recreation of the family video where a spark hits the stash of fireworks, last night at my sister's house. Luckily no one for hurt, but abiut 500 bucks worth of fireworks went of in 5 minutes, flying all over the place. My wife was pissed because they all went running for cover and I stood there dodging a few that came my way so I could watch the rest of them go up...
Glad you're OK. In hindsight that's pretty hilarious.

Happy 4th you geniuses!

We had the recreation of the family video where a spark hits the stash of fireworks, last night at my sister's house. Luckily no one for hurt, but abiut 500 bucks worth of fireworks went of in 5 minutes, flying all over the place. My wife was pissed because they all went running for cover and I stood there dodging a few that came my way so I could watch the rest of them go up...
I was a young man watching the Millard fireworks display at what was - at the time - the Millard Junior/Senior High off of 127th and L Streets (by the Western Bowl !). The volunteer fire department handled the fireworks for the event and transported them in an ambulance parked on the east side of the field. A spark - or rogue firework - found it's way into the back end of that ambulance and set EVERYTHING off. It was the most amazing thing young LHR had ever seen, but the experience was dampened with the next-day knowledge that not everyone made it out of the back of that ambulance when it erupted.

happy4th-of-july-independence-day.gif

My 4th was fucking awesome. Called my wife’s family 3rd world hillbillies about 5 times during a rant about the fact that while visiting her mother, our dogs got fleas (seriously, if your yard and house are infested with fleas, you are a retred). And then I made her drive us to our friend’s house so I could get fuckt up while she combs and bathes our dogs. God Bless America, and FUCK idiots with fleas!

Happy 4th! I had the pleasure of calling the cops a couple dozen times on my neighbors illegally shooting fireworks.

Glad to make the city some money, going to bill the for my services tomorrow.

Abe Simpson couldn’t do this.
This is a young man’s game, and luckily for my city I’m funemployed for another few days.

Had to walk around documenting addresses, spying inventory, taking photos and videos. I’ve called in and got all of the case numbers. Now I’m just submitting emails with the case numbers to supply them with my evidence as well.

Abe Simpson couldn’t do this.
This is a young man’s game, and luckily for my city I’m funemployed for another few days.

Had to walk around documenting addresses, spying inventory, taking photos and videos. I’ve called in and got all of the case numbers. Now I’m just submitting emails with the case numbers to supply them with my evidence as well.
What kind of un-American town doesn't allow fireworks on the 4th?

@Jim14510 honestly challenge you to find a more American way to spend the birthday of the country.

People breaking the law because it’s their right and the govt can’t tell them what to do.
People mad about people breaking the law and calling the cops
Beer

I can’t think of another way to spend this day

@Jim14510 honestly challenge you to find a more American way to spend the birthday of the country.

People breaking the law because it’s their right and the govt can’t tell them what to do.
People mad about people breaking the law and calling the cops
Beer

I can’t think of another way to spend this day
Sounds like a good day.

I think it's reasonable to have restrictions on fireworks outside of the 4th +/- a couple of days.

No better place for me than to be in Garden Plain, KS on 4th of July.

July 3:
4:30 PM - go to buddy's farm, start drinking and lighting stuff on fire.
10 PM - Fireworks show at the farm
11 PM - go home and put pork butts on the smoker

July 4:
3 AM - wake up super drunk to wrap the pork butts
6 AM - wife goes to help with 5K registration
7 AM- Take pork butts off smoker
7:30 AM - Go set up tent at the park for the day, drink a bottle of water thinking surely that's enough fluids to make up for what I'm doing to my body
8 AM - deliver smoked pork butts to the church hall to be pulled for lunch at the park, crack open first beer
8 AM - 13 y/o starts his wiffle ball tourney at the park
9 AM - Mimosas and bloody mary's at a friend's house
11 AM - Parade, drink some more
12 PM - Lunch at the park (pulled pork sandwiches and fried chicken), drink some more
1 PM - Turtle Races, keep drinking (Tyrone the turtle not competitive in the large turtle division)
2 PM - 11 y/o starts his wiffleball tourney, 8 y/o starts his kickball tourney, I sit under my canopy and continue to drink
6 PM - Pack up stuff, drink energy drink
6:15 PM - Take family to buddy's for burgers and beers and kids light small fireworks
7 PM - 13 and 11 y/o go back to park for the dance
10 PM - City fireworks in the park
10:45 PM - Neighborhood fireworks. We have some neighbors that hire some guys and put on about a 30 minute show.
Remarkably zero sunburn this year.

Also offered at Garden Plain 4th of July: volleyball tourney, pickleball tourney, corn hole tourney, washers tourney, horse shoes tourney, money dig (for kids), watermelon eating contest, petting zoo, inflatable water slides

Drink of choice this year: Switched between Yuengling Flights and High Noons. Occasional vodka water, occasional pickle shot, occasionally slapped a bag of wine while someone held it over me and poured it down my throat.

Garden Plain gets after it for 4th of July.

4th of July 2023.jpg
4th of July 2023 1.jpg

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back