Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Goals for the Season

"minimum" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in your sentence. That covers NU winning anywhere from 6 wins to 15 wins. That's kind of dumb.

I've said my piece many times. The 2023 team was a 7-5 team talent level IMHO. We've improved at almost every key position group + kept Tony White for another season. If 2024 only goes 6-6 that will be a disappointment for me.

You can be thrilled with 6-6. That's OK! You're allowed to disagree, it's a free country.
Never said I’d be thrilled with 6 wins. Your words, not mine. My goal for the season remains bowl game or bust.

Never said I’d be thrilled with 6 wins. Your words, not mine. My goal for the season remains bowl game or bust.
All good! Again, no ill will from me.

6-6 gets you to a bowl. My point is that from listening to Rhule lately, if the team goes 6-6 that's going to be a sizeable underachievement in his eyes. But to your point, there will be some fans that accept that as a successful season (and you're one of them).

I do think you're in the minority though. I think once fans realize how good this roster is (and that will take some 2-3 weeks into the season to figure it out), the majority of fans will realize that 6-6 with this roster is an underachievement.

I'd probably feel ok (no seppuku) with 6-6 if three of the 6 wins were over CU Prime, Wisc, and Cockeye.

Priorities for me are Turnover Margin, RZ attempts, and PTs/RZ Att. We averaged 9.7 RZ pts/game last year. It's a huge indicator of success. We need to be averaging 20+ RZ pts/game if we want to sniff 8-9-10 wins. Elite teams are 28pts Rz pts/game. That's why our issue is twofold: it's not only about increasing our production once we're in the redzone, it's about getting in the red zone more often. 2.4 RZ att/game is abysmalllllllllll. Elite teams get there twice as much, and capitalize on those opportunities with touchdowns. That's what we need.

Category2023 Season2024 Goal - Optimistic2024 Goal - Acceptable
Turnover Margin-1.42/game LOL+0.5/game+0.08/game
Pts per RZ attempt - offense4.0 pts/rz att LOL5.4 pts/rz att5.1 pts/rz att
RZ Attempts - offense2.4 rz att/game LOL4.25 rz att/game3.9 rz att/game
Pts per RZ attempt - defense4.13 pts/rz att4.1 pts/rz att4.6 pts/ rz att
Avg. Starting Field Position28.7 yard line31 YL28 YL
Off PPG18.0 ppg31 ppg27 ppg
Def PPG18.3 ppg18 ppg22 ppg
3rd Down Offense37.91%45%41.5%
3rd Down Defense37.22%35%38%
Opponents Yard per Rush2.97 ypc3.25 ypc3.7 ypc

Really couldn't ask for much more. The one thing hurting us is red zone scoring, particularly in the second half. We have 79 first half points and only 23 second half points. I imagine if you split our Pts/RZ att into two halves there'd be a glaring difference. Not sure what it is, but need to see some more second half scoring to feel really good about closing teams out later in the season.

Category2024 Season - 3 games2024 Goal - Optimistic2024 Goal - Acceptable
Turnover Margin+1.0/game+0.5/game+0.08/game
Pts per RZ attempt - offense5.0 pts/rz att 5.4 pts/rz att5.1 pts/rz att
RZ Attempts - offense4.3 rz att/game4.25 rz att/game3.9 rz att/game
Pts per RZ attempt - defense2.6 pts/rz att4.1 pts/rz att4.6 pts/ rz att
Avg. Starting Field Position31.7 yard line31 YL28 YL
Opp. Avg. Starting Field Position25.2 yard line26.5 YL28 YL
Off PPG34.0 ppg31 ppg27 ppg
Def PPG6.7 ppg18 ppg22 ppg
3rd Down Offense50.0%45%41.5%
3rd Down Defense32.5%35%38%
Opponents Yard per Rush2.48 ypc3.25 ypc3.7 ypc

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back