Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ford Blue Cruise vs Chevy Super Cruise (1 Viewer)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Since I know a lot of you are ballers, has anyone had experience with either system? The reason why I'm asking is for safety reason in case you haven't read my post in the Hyvee Parking lot, I just want something to safely pull me over in the event that I have an unexpected emergency while driving. The Chevy Super cruise seems pretty good, but the 5.3L is a dog and the 6.2L is having issues bending push rods, and I don't want a diesel again. But I'm unsure how good the Ford Blue Cruise is. Thanks.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Tell me more about the 6.2 bending push rods.

It seems to be a common problem with the 6.2 for awhile now due to either faulty rod guides or as part of the AFM system. Plus there was an issue there for awhile with the transmission shifting rough with the 6.2 and everything else. The last I did drve a Chevrolet was in '19 and the 5.3L felt like a dog and the 6.2L was nice, but went with a Ford since the Ecoboost is a beast and you can 36 gallon fuel tanks on the F150 and you are limited to only a 23 gallon on the Silverado. For some that's not a big deal, but when I tow my boat for tournaments, I hate always having to stop to fill up.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
My buddy has Blue Cruise in his new Raptor and swears it’s the best thing ever. Sorry, that’s all I know.
On my 22 King Ranch, I have the lane keeping feature where it will drive itself, but you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel, but I see there are hacks out there to trick the steering wheel so you can drive hands free.

I have a friend who use to work for Ford and is now one of the engineers on the new electric Silverado and he feels that that Chevy is a better made product and that their Super Cruise is better than what Ford has. Plus with Chevy, it works while towing according to the below video and Ford has no intention to make it theirs work while towing. I might have to see what my buddy can do and get me friends and family discount on a new High Country Silverado.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I'm a Chevy guy and even I've heard great things about the Ford Blue Cruise. If I bought a brand new car I might go Ford these days. Chevy is overcomplicating things now.

whiplash

Bench Warmer
I have the first gen SuperCruise in a Cadillac and it works great. I have driven across Pennsylvania and only touched the steering wheel a few times to change lanes or interstate changes. During COVID I was driving 6-7 hours versus flying and it was very pleasant during and after driving. It will detect a vehicle in front of you, so you need to prepare to change lanes sooner, assuming you are not a left lane marauder, or keep your foot slightly on the gas at times or it will reduce your speed.

I didn't read you post you referenced, but it has sensors that track you eyes. If you look away for too long it will provide an alert. If you continue to look away, it will vibrate the seat and give an audible and visual warning that it is disengaging and to take the wheel. I don't think it will pull you over to the side of the road.

I can't speak to the towing functionality, but there are GMC and SuperCruise forums that may be able to provide more insight. Google is your friend. :)

In general I always thought that Ford was better at towing, but a lot will have to do with the rear end diff ratio. GM always seemed to put 3.23 axle ratios standard on their trucks. But I have not looked for a new truck for several years.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
I have the first gen SuperCruise in a Cadillac and it works great. I have driven across Pennsylvania and only touched the steering wheel a few times to change lanes or interstate changes. During COVID I was driving 6-7 hours versus flying and it was very pleasant during and after driving. It will detect a vehicle in front of you, so you need to prepare to change lanes sooner, assuming you are not a left lane marauder, or keep your foot slightly on the gas at times or it will reduce your speed.

I didn't read you post you referenced, but it has sensors that track you eyes. If you look away for too long it will provide an alert. If you continue to look away, it will vibrate the seat and give an audible and visual warning that it is disengaging and to take the wheel. I don't think it will pull you over to the side of the road.

I can't speak to the towing functionality, but there are GMC and SuperCruise forums that may be able to provide more insight. Google is your friend. :)

In general I always thought that Ford was better at towing, but a lot will have to do with the rear end diff ratio. GM always seemed to put 3.23 axle ratios standard on their trucks. But I have not looked for a new truck for several years.
Thanks for the feedback. In the other forum, I have idiopathic ventricular tachycardia and even though I got a catheter ablation and controlled by medication, you never know when it will hit you and cause you to pass out. I went 6.5 years without my ICD going off then I’ve had trouble getting stabilized for a few months till now. I’m looking for something to be safer on the road with in the event I can’t pull over.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
It seems to be a common problem with the 6.2 for awhile now due to either faulty rod guides or as part of the AFM system. Plus there was an issue there for awhile with the transmission shifting rough with the 6.2 and everything else. The last I did drve a Chevrolet was in '19 and the 5.3L felt like a dog and the 6.2L was nice, but went with a Ford since the Ecoboost is a beast and you can 36 gallon fuel tanks on the F150 and you are limited to only a 23 gallon on the Silverado. For some that's not a big deal, but when I tow my boat for tournaments, I hate always having to stop to fill up.

My 2017 Silverado has a 6.2 and has been solid. You do have me a little worried, tho.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
My 2017 Silverado has a 6.2 and has been solid. You do have me a little worried, tho.

You might be okay since 2018 and newer seems to be the problem childs. I talked to my buddy who works for Chevy today and he's asking around if they fixed the newer 6.2L engines or not. From the sounds of it though, the fixed the issues on the baby Duramax and it's a pretty solid motor now. Not sure if I want to deal with higher fuel prices and DEF.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
You might be okay since 2018 and newer seems to be the problem childs. I talked to my buddy who works for Chevy today and he's asking around if they fixed the newer 6.2L engines or not. From the sounds of it though, the fixed the issues on the baby Duramax and it's a pretty solid motor now. Not sure if I want to deal with higher fuel prices and DEF.
I had always traded every 5 yrs until all of the stupid stuff of the past three yrs. But I have talked to two different dealers in the past few months.

With me being the picky old bastard that I am, the only way I’m going to be happy is if I order one to be built to my specs. And, of course, the days of negotiating back and forth on purchase price is no more. Fuck me……that was half the fun.

If you come up with any other info I would sure appreciate any updates.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
No idea what you’re talking about

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds