Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2013 Ford F150

I grew up a die hard Ford fan. When it was time to buy myself a decent (for me) half ton, I found a good deal on a 2010 Silverado with the 5.3. The thing already had almost 100k miles when I got it but it was in really decent shape. I shit you not, 10 yrs of ownership and another 170k miles, and I've put less than $700 of mechanical repairs into it. I've been lucky (lol) and got both box sides replaced by insurance due to damage so don't have the typical rusted Chevy fenders. Man I've hammered on that thing. Redline, 10,000 mile oil changes, pulling machinery etc. Somehow it still doesn't miss a beat. I'd still drive it across the country.
My family had a Chevy Suburban when I was growing up. It was my dad's. Drove that thing absolutely everywhere. Mid 90s Suburban, can't remember the exact year. I drove it for a little bit in high school when I was between vehicles. Not exactly sure on the miles when he finally gave it up for cash at Carmax, but I believe he had it for a good 20 years. Paint was coming off, rusty as shit, inside was dirty from all the years of travel baseball and seasonal weather getting in and out. Started everyday rain, shine, snow, freezing, didn't matter.

Besides the starter, this is the first main issue I've had with this F150 in almost 2 years. There's 126K miles on it, it's a 2013. There's some rust under the body, but you can barely see it unless you're looking for it, a little spot right in front of the back left tire, not getting any worse yet. King Ranch, it was a steal when I bought it. Everyone I've talked to, that are very mechanically inclined, say overall this is a good truck and there aren't many issues. Obviously, shit happens, but this particular transmission wasn't a great design at the time. Now, if something else major does happen to where my truck is basically shut down for days at a time, then I'll most likely make the move to Chevy. I had a 6.0 Powerstroke that shit out on me at 120K miles. I understand those are supposed to, but if another Ford does it to me again then Ill make the move to Chevy.

This is where I am at, I’m 175k in my ram that I bought new, nothing but typical maintenance. Thing is a tank. The wife is on my ass about getting a new one but I can’t let it go
I'm really hoping to run this F150 until it quits. My wife was all for it when I bought it.

Had a question to see if anyone has experienced the same.

So I have a 2013 F150 5.0 V8. Discovered that my Transmission Range Sensor has gone bad/going bad. Basically, at random times, the light on my dash for PRNDL won't illuminate one of the letters, causing it to basically feel like it's somewhat in neutral, while also being to drive as normal. But the lights on my gear shifter all remain lit up like normal. Then it'll random just kick back into "normal mode" at random as well, with the orange wrench on the dash going on and off when it happens and fixes itself. I've learned this is part of the LEAD Frame, which was an F150 transmission recall about a decade ago. I am unfortunately outside of the recall time frame. It's basically a thing where if one sensor fails, they all end up eventually failing.

Talked to the dealer this afternoon a couple times, repair for the whole deal is about $1800. Repair for the for the sensor alone, with labor, is about $700. Trying to get ahold of another shop that I was referred to to see what might be possible there.

Anyone ever had this issue? Anyone had a whole thing repaired or just individual sensors? Pricing experience?

My shop here at work won't touch transmissions, so I can't do that.
My suggestion would be buy a Chevy. Fords are and have always been junk.

have a 10 edge, 13 f350, 19 f150, 20 expedition and nope.

pretty much just have to budget in that youll have 2-3k in repairs and maintenance a year per vehicle.
2-3k per yr per vehicle?
WTF would u keep a fleet of junkers bleeding you dry?
I’ve had my ford for 10 yrs & put over 200k miles on it
I haven’t spent 2k in repairs & general maintenance in the life of the vehicle (excluding brakes & tires)
My mechanic replaced an axel bearing on it in January & said (he couldn’t believe it had 220k miles on it. Said it was in perfect condition
Maybe I got lucky with mine

2-3k per yr per vehicle?
WTF would u keep a fleet of junkers bleeding you dry?
I’ve had my ford for 10 yrs & put over 200k miles on it
I haven’t spent 2k in repairs & general maintenance in the life of the vehicle (excluding brakes & tires)
My mechanic replaced an axel bearing on it in January & said (he couldn’t believe it had 220k miles on it. Said it was in perfect condition
Maybe I got lucky with mine
i said budget. maintenance & repair includes oil grease tires brakes etc.

budget does not mean you have to spend it, it means prepare for it. if you are trading cars instead of fixing them you are fucking yourself way more than a little upkeep.

Ended up booking an appointment with a shop out in Bennington. Highly recommended by our shop guys here at work, whom I trust with the world with my truck. Driving the spare farm truck for a few days as my appointment is next Wednesday. Fingers crossed.
did you start your lawn service up?

did you start your lawn service up?
No, I plan to next year. You could say I made a mistake back in February and made a poor career choice which costed me about 2 months of stable paychecks. So, needed to re-stabilize before doing anything creative, side hustle wise, this year. I do plan on snow removal again this winter. That was a good time last winter, enjoyed that a lot.

My wife sent this to me this morning. I assume it's new but not sure. I didn't see a date on the article. Finally got it fixed late last week. Knock on wood, no issues since. This is what the recall was for though. I didn't get the main symptom until I was a few minutes out from the shop in Bennington, and my truck did down shift when I was going about 55 and the brakes engaged and the tires squealed for about a second. Head whipped forward. Thought maybe I touched the brake hard for a split second, but I tested that and I wouldn't have stopped my truck that hard that quick.

Wild. Glad it's fixed. I had a secondary issue, but did end up experiencing the main issue once.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back