Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fleming

Dean’s sources are crap. Nobody respects him in North Stadium but they know they’re gonna have to deal with him and gonna have to tell him something.

And they people that defend dean and “say Dean cannot disclose everything he is told otherwise he would jeopardize his access to his source(s)”. Well, ok... but dean is supposedly a reporter, if he knows everything that is happening, from his source(s), but can’t tell anyone then that source is basically just private info for dean. So if that’s Dean’s goal, to have his own personal source info, as a reporter what’s the point? If I have a source that tells me all sorts of stuff that I can’t tell anyone else, what good is that source to me as a reporter?

I get that shitting on Dean is fun and I enjoy it too because the guy is a penis, but I really don't think they're at fault here. Not that Dean and Co need defending but if every reporter followed what you're laying out here and expecting Dean to do, it would be an absolute shit show. There's plenty of reasons to sit on info without reporting on it. Every reporter does it because it's part of their job as responsible journalists/bloggers/vloggers. It sucks for us as consumers who want all of the information available RIGHT NOW but we'll get the story eventually.

Plus we have our own reporters on TPB who are working their gosh darn tails off to get to the bottom of this story.

Not that they need anyone to defend them, but I would imagine they get a bunch of people feeding them crap about recruits and sifting through all of it and including it in stories probably gets tired.
Oh I agree, lots of bad info out there. I would ping them on the side. I use to feed them info on basketball recruits that I would get from relatives who played with them. Also the KU hoops coaches gave me info at times so I would pass that on too. Never gave them bad info in the past. Even passed on Scouting Reports stuff from KU about the Nebraska team after we played them. One of the Asst Coaches for KU who scouted Nebraska told me the scouting report and info after they beat us in Lincoln. They were shocked they won because they were so short handed, only had like 6-7 scholarship players available. They figured Miles would try to run them out of the gym since they had no bodies plus only had 1 big man healthy and eligible, Azubuike. They figured we would try to get him in foul trouble because the game before they had a 6-5 walk on Shooting Guard as the back up big man They had no forwards/centers besides him. Miles of course played slow down and let Azubuike kill us inside.

Oh I agree, lots of bad info out there. I would ping them on the side. I use to feed them info on basketball recruits that I would get from relatives who played with them. Also the KU hoops coaches gave me info at times so I would pass that on too. Never gave them bad info in the past. Even passed on Scouting Reports stuff from KU about the Nebraska team after we played them. One of the Asst Coaches for KU who scouted Nebraska told me the scouting report and info after they beat us in Lincoln. They were shocked they won because they were so short handed, only had like 6-7 scholarship players available. They figured Miles would try to run them out of the gym since they had no bodies plus only had 1 big man healthy and eligible, Azubuike. They figured we would try to get him in foul trouble because the game before they had a 6-5 walk on Shooting Guard as the back up big man They had no forwards/centers besides him. Miles of course played slow down and let Azubuike kill us inside.

Tim Freakin' Miles BABY

And now Dean posts on RSS that he didn't say that Fleming would be playing football for us this fall, simply that as of today he is still on the team.

Dean’s sources are crap. Nobody respects him in North Stadium but they know they’re gonna have to deal with him and gonna have to tell him something.

And they people that defend dean and “say Dean cannot disclose everything he is told otherwise he would jeopardize his access to his source(s)”. Well, ok... but dean is supposedly a reporter, if he knows everything that is happening, from his source(s), but can’t tell anyone then that source is basically just private info for dean. So if that’s Dean’s goal, to have his own personal source info, as a reporter what’s the point? If I have a source that tells me all sorts of stuff that I can’t tell anyone else, what good is that source to me as a reporter?
I hadnt thought of it that way but that makes 100% sense.

I get that shitting on Dean is fun and I enjoy it too because the guy is a penis, but I really don't think they're at fault here. Not that Dean and Co need defending but if every reporter followed what you're laying out here and expecting Dean to do, it would be an absolute shit show. There's plenty of reasons to sit on info without reporting on it. Every reporter does it because it's part of their job as responsible journalists/bloggers/vloggers. It sucks for us as consumers who want all of the information available RIGHT NOW but we'll get the story eventually.

Plus we have our own reporters on TPB who are working their gosh darn tails off to get to the bottom of this story.

My point wasn’t that he or anyone should burn his source. My point was that if your source doesn’t allow you to share anything of substance with your readers than what is the point in having that person as a source. My point was dean’s sources suck. Basically if I’m your source but I don’t allow you to share any of my substantive information with your readers I’m a shitty source. And if I was Dean I’d just stop talking about having a source(s).

If anyone at North Stadium tells Dean anything, which they obviously do because they want it leaked, guessing he's told he can post it on the scrolls. Like a little kid getting a cookie and then have to ask if he can eat it...lol.

If anyone at North Stadium tells Dean anything, which they obviously do because they want it leaked, guessing he's told he can post it on the scrolls. Like a little kid getting a cookie and then have to ask if he can eat it...lol.
I've always wondered how many in North Stadium actually go on the Scrolls. Or do they just assign some intern up there to troll the board and report back any actual useful information. How hilarious would it be if Matty D or Chin are on the Scrolls and arguing with trolls.

I've always wondered how many in North Stadium actually go on the Scrolls. Or do they just assign some intern up there to troll the board and report back any actual useful information. How hilarious would it be if Matty D or Chin are on the Scrolls and arguing with trolls.
I'd be surprised.
We're a bunch of losers.

TPB eats first
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back