Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fleming

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean is such a goober on this (as always). The dude is back home in Miami like all the other Miami kids that have left the team, but Dean says he’s going to stay because he got a “statement” from someone (we have no idea who) saying his “roster status hasn’t changed.”

just like when Francois first went home, and just like when Speilman went home. Yeah, he’s still “part of the program”.....till he’s not. This is so dumb and Dean can’t see the forest through the trees because he’s been given a “statement” by a “source” who is clearly going to tow the company line.

my take (no inside info): the team is practicing and he’s in Miami smoking weed in IG videos = he gone.

I try to be generally positive on the Scrolls and not bring so much dickheat about either the Nebraska football program or the HOL staff, but I had to start that thread after I finally realized what was being sold. I don't mind if some people want to report from their sources--and there do appear to be some highly-connected sources, even coaches, that say they're not worried. However, to then take that onto the Scrolls and act as if that should be the end of the matter given our very, very recent history with essentially the exact same circumstances...

I've said this in other places here, but I don't think Dean has been critical of North Stadium in any real capacity since the end of the Pelini days with a very brief interlude in 2017 when it became painfully obvious Eichorst/Riley were done.

With that thought in mind, it's been fun watching Clouse slightly flirt with saying he doesn't know what the fuck the staff is doing not offering Carnie. That speaks volumes coming from those guys.

Such a joke. Remember when Scott’s first year was the excuse was not having enough time to really get to know these guys they were recruiting? Something ain’t right.

It's concerning. I view the Florida kids leaving as a red flag. Thinking back, I recall a few months before signing day and viewing the class as underwhelming. Theeeen, we sign this group of Florida kids and things look better....for a few months.... there were concerns Omar Manning (Betts to, possibly to a lesser degree) was going to qualify as well. Lucky for everyone involved that didn't become an issue.

Then you look at this years' class. While I wouldn't call it a bad class, it feels a little lacking. It's definitely something I'm curious about going forward.....

Dean is a sunshine pumper.

I feel like he kind of has to be, no? Like him or not his job is to report what he knows but also tell us what he thinks we want to hear. He's also got to cover his own ass if he knows something and was told in confidence. It's a fine line to walk. Have you dm'd this young boy for a scoop yet Gary? @HuskerGarrett

Dean is a sunshine pumper.
He's not the only one. My buddy, Keith Loneker RIP, who played in the NFL was training 4 Star Recruit Amani Bledsoe out of Lawrence, KS plus was helping him with his recruitment. I got all of the skinny and lets just say we were never even really under consideration because of Pelini and his antics. But Bledsoe loved visiting Lincoln for Husker games because he got treated like a king, was on the sidelines and got some serious tail. What high school kid wouldn't take advantage of that being only 3 hours away. Robin mentioned he was writing an article about Bledsoe so I pinged him on the side and gave him my source and everything I knew, which was quite a bit. So guess what Robin's article was all about? Yes, Huskers being one of the favorites for Bledsoe and how much he was interested in the Huskers. Total Fluff Piece.

I have also passed on info to them about quite a few recruits who I had inside info on like Isaiah Simmons and Joe Dineen (who we passed on which is unfortunate with all of his Nebraska ties plus he ended up playing in the NFL). Lets just say that Mongo and Clouse were the only ones who even seemed to appreciate the info. Dean & Co ignored me on Simmons but ironic that someone from the North Stadium reached out to me on Simmons after they saw some of my posts. Basically asked me to keep them updated and appreciated the info. The last couple months they were sending me questions to ask and we were texting them to various members of Simmons Family. Up until a couple days before he announced they were responding openly to our questions. Basically a former business partner and trusted friend is very good friends with the whole family, has even gone down to Clemson games with them to watch Isaiah play. He is a KU backer and at that point KU was out of the running for him so they had no idea when he was asking the questions that they were being asked for Nebraska's benefit. They just thought it was a friend keeping up with what was going on.

I feel like he kind of has to be, no? Like him or not his job is to report what he knows but also tell us what he thinks we want to hear. He's also got to cover his own ass if he knows something and was told in confidence. It's a fine line to walk. Have you dm'd this young boy for a scoop yet Gary? @HuskerGarrett
No but I'm on it

He's not the only one. My buddy, Keith Loneker RIP, who played in the NFL was training 4 Star Recruit Amani Bledsoe out of Lawrence, KS plus was helping him with his recruitment. I got all of the skinny and lets just say we were never even really under consideration because of Pelini and his antics. But Bledsoe loved visiting Lincoln for Husker games because he got treated like a king, was on the sidelines and got some serious tail. What high school kid wouldn't take advantage of that being only 3 hours away. Robin mentioned he was writing an article about Bledsoe so I pinged him on the side and gave him my source and everything I knew, which was quite a bit. So guess what Robin's article was all about? Yes, Huskers being one of the favorites for Bledsoe and how much he was interested in the Huskers. Total Fluff Piece.

I have also passed on info to them about quite a few recruits who I had inside info on like Isaiah Simmons and Joe Dineen (who we passed on which is unfortunate with all of his Nebraska ties plus he ended up playing in the NFL). Lets just say that Mongo and Clouse were the only ones who even seemed to appreciate the info. Dean & Co ignored me on Simmons but ironic that someone from the North Stadium reached out to me on Simmons after they saw some of my posts. Basically asked me to keep them updated and appreciated the info. The last couple months they were sending me questions to ask and we were texting them to various members of Simmons Family. Up until a couple days before he announced they were responding openly to our questions. Basically a former business partner and trusted friend is very good friends with the whole family, has even gone down to Clemson games with them to watch Isaiah play. He is a KU backer and at that point KU was out of the running for him so they had no idea when he was asking the questions that they were being asked for Nebraska's benefit. They just thought it was a friend keeping up with what was going on.

Not that they need anyone to defend them, but I would imagine they get a bunch of people feeding them crap about recruits and sifting through all of it and including it in stories probably gets tired.

Known the Dineen family since I was a wee pup. Our families went to school together plus lived close to each other. And still see Joe in Lawrence.
Small world. John is the friend of mine. We have boys in the same class. Same circle as that Ozark house you were looking into.

I try to be generally positive on the Scrolls and not bring so much dickheat about either the Nebraska football program or the HOL staff, but I had to start that thread after I finally realized what was being sold. I don't mind if some people want to report from their sources--and there do appear to be some highly-connected sources, even coaches, that say they're not worried. However, to then take that onto the Scrolls and act as if that should be the end of the matter given our very, very recent history with essentially the exact same circumstances...

I've said this in other places here, but I don't think Dean has been critical of North Stadium in any real capacity since the end of the Pelini days with a very brief interlude in 2017 when it became painfully obvious Eichorst/Riley were done.

With that thought in mind, it's been fun watching Clouse slightly flirt with saying he doesn't know what the fuck the staff is doing not offering Carnie. That speaks volumes coming from those guys.

Dean’s sources are crap. Nobody respects him in North Stadium but they know they’re gonna have to deal with him and gonna have to tell him something.

And they people that defend dean and “say Dean cannot disclose everything he is told otherwise he would jeopardize his access to his source(s)”. Well, ok... but dean is supposedly a reporter, if he knows everything that is happening, from his source(s), but can’t tell anyone then that source is basically just private info for dean. So if that’s Dean’s goal, to have his own personal source info, as a reporter what’s the point? If I have a source that tells me all sorts of stuff that I can’t tell anyone else, what good is that source to me as a reporter?

Small world. John is the friend of mine. We have boys in the same class. Same circle as that Ozark house you were looking into.
Joe and his wife were coming down to my place one weekend but had to cancel. Small World, but i wouldn't want to have to paint it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back