Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

February recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Wow the cut him loose cause Coleman attitude sucks crew is in legit shambles rn

“In terms of going to a game like that, you wonder how much players want to play and compete or are they just in it to go hangout in Hawaii for a week,” Angulo said. “He was the hardest worker in practice everyday. High-pointing the football in one-on-one matchups. I think he’s terrific. He’s going to be an eye-brow raiser right away…I think he’s just got the attitude. He’s got the persona for a program that’s rebuilding and needs a few faces to bring it to light.”

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think it's by August the scholarships need to be at 85 total.
August 1 is a good approximation. You can't have more than 85 counters for the season. This is how the season's start is defined:

17.11.2 Length of Playing Season. [FBS/FCS] The length of an institution's playing season in football shall be limited to the period of time between the start of preseason practice (see Bylaw 17.11.3) and the end of the regular playing season (see Bylaw 17.11.5), except as provided in Bylaw 17.11.7 (see Bylaw 17.11.4 for restrictions on first contest dates).
17.11.3 Practice. [FBS/FCS] 17.11.3.1 First Practice Date. An institution shall not commence official preseason football practice sessions, for the varsity, junior varsity or freshman team, before 31 days before its first scheduled intercollegiate game.

So I think you have to be at 85 no later than 31 days before the first scheduled day - i.e., the first day of practice.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Timmy Bleekrode was/is the starting kicker.
CircularAncientEnglishpointer-size_restricted.gif

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
So we have to cut down 18 players at the end of Spring? This is going to be interesting

Here's what I'd say.
QB - Heinrich Haarberg and/or Chubba Purdy and/or Logan Smothers
RB - Emmett Johnson
WR - Janiran Bonner and/or Victor Jones Jr. and/or Shawn Hardy II and/or Tommi Hill
TE - James Carnie and/or Chris Hickman
OL - TBD
LB - Seth Malcom and/or Randolph Kpai and/or Mikai Gbayor and/or Garrett Snodgrass
Edge - NA
Nick - NA
CB - Tyreke Johnson and/or Omar Brown and/or Braxton Clark
S - Koby Bretz and/or Noa Pola-Gates and/or Jalil Martin

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here's what I'd say.
RB - Emmett Johnson
WR - Janiran Bonner and/or Victor Jones Jr. and/or Shawn Hardy II and/or Tommi Hill
OL - TBD
LB - Seth Malcom and/or Randolph Kpai and/or Mikai Gbayor and/or Garrett Snodgrass
Edge - NA
Nick - NA
Pretty fair list. At WR, I would think Brown could be on the chopping block. They top-filled the distribution chart with transfers, so I don't see him getting many reps, and they'll want to give some reps to the kids. They might keep a guy like Victor Jones instead simply because he's fast (about a 10.75 100M) and was only 17 when he got here last spring. He has more upside. I have a hard time seeing Brown showing any more than he has so far.

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Pretty fair list. At WR, I would think Brown could be on the chopping block. They top-filled the distribution chart with transfers, so I don't see him getting many reps, and they'll want to give some reps to the kids. They might keep a guy like Victor Jones instead simply because he's fast (about a 10.75 100M) and was only 17 when he got here last spring. He has more upside. I have a hard time seeing Brown showing any more than he has so far.
Also, I’m not getting rid of Emmit Johnson yet.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
August 1 is a good approximation. You can't have more than 85 counters for the season. This is how the season's start is defined:

17.11.2 Length of Playing Season. [FBS/FCS] The length of an institution's playing season in football shall be limited to the period of time between the start of preseason practice (see Bylaw 17.11.3) and the end of the regular playing season (see Bylaw 17.11.5), except as provided in Bylaw 17.11.7 (see Bylaw 17.11.4 for restrictions on first contest dates).
17.11.3 Practice. [FBS/FCS] 17.11.3.1 First Practice Date. An institution shall not commence official preseason football practice sessions, for the varsity, junior varsity or freshman team, before 31 days before its first scheduled intercollegiate game.

So I think you have to be at 85 no later than 31 days before the first scheduled day - i.e., the first day of practice.
Wouldn't it just be before the first day of practice?

Doesn't sound like it's saying 31 days before practice starts unless there is another bylaw specifying that.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here's what I'd say.
RB - Emmett Johnson
OL - TBD
Edge - NA
Nick - NA
Would be a shame if Bonner didn't pan out.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
With how much the scholarship chart has filled up, this should be one of the most fun spring camps in a long while. I'm hoping there's a good amount of media access to get the juicy details. There'll be a ton of competition.
If there is one thing we can rely on, it’s Husker Media getting the juicy deets..
J/k, I agree that it should be pretty fun this spring. Glad @HuskerGarrett is resigning his current post to begin full-time coverage. Thanks buddy!

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Here's what I'd say.
RB - Emmett Johnson
OL - TBD
Edge - NA
Nick - NA
A few of those were freshman last year without much time to prove themselves. Were these assessments directly from what you saw in practice last year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds