Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

February Recruiting Thread (3 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
@Carm I ask you this because you're pretty on top of crooting. What's your take on how they're approaching Spring OVs? Bringing in a bunch of top of the board guys and seeing what they can land and then sorting out the rest of the board in summer/fall? My recollection is last spring it is as a bunch of unofficials so this seems like a change in stratgey

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
"Commit"

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Because if you feel like your competition is doing it and getting a leg up, then you're going to feel obligated to do it just to keep up. This way no one has to do it.
I find it hard to believe this will have any impact balancing the competitive advantage of college football recruiting departments.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I find it hard to believe this will have any impact balancing the competitive advantage of college football recruiting departments.
I find it kind of insane that universities are buying an extra night to do this every time when you can have someone accomplish it in a few minutes once the room is open.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Agree. It was balanced before because everyone was doing it. It will be balenced now because no one will be doing it.

Balancing things was not the point of the rule. Staffs thought this was a pain in the butt to do and costing them money, so they made a rule so they don't have to do it anymore.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
@Carm I ask you this because you're pretty on top of crooting. What's your take on how they're approaching Spring OVs? Bringing in a bunch of top of the board guys and seeing what they can land and then sorting out the rest of the board in summer/fall? My recollection is last spring it is as a bunch of unofficials so this seems like a change in stratgey
It is a change in strategy, I agree, and it is mostly driven by the calendar changes (which will accelerate even more so that early signing day this year will be beginning December before the portal opens).

I think they are using spring game weekend as a way to get commitments as that is likely the only game day most of these guys will see before they commit - almost everyone will be off the board by the start of September. There won't be much recruiting of 25s in the fall - it will be 26s. And they can show off Raiola in the spring game as well.

Changes at Nebraska excite Top100 WR Isaiah Mozee​

Lees Summit (Mo.) North high school Top100 receiver Isaiah Mozee is the No. 87 overall player in the country and No. 10 receiver nationally in the class of 2025 per 247Sports. The 6-1, 185-pounder remains uncommitted, as he inches closer to a final decision.​

Tom LoyTOM LOY47 minsVIP0

LAS VEGAS — Lees Summit (Mo.) North high school Top100 receiver Isaiah Mozee is the No. 87 overall player in the country and No. 10 receiver nationally in the class of 2025 per 247Sports. The industry-generated composite rankings list him as the No. 112 overall talent this cycle and No. 15 at his position. The 6-1, 185-pounder remains uncommitted, as he inches closer to a final decision.

Mozee recently made his way to Las Vegas for Nike’s “The Next Ones” event, a collection of 34 of the top high school football prospects across the country. The gathering of the class of 2025 talent was about having fun, getting to know each other better, and developing a brotherhood among the elite high school recruits.

247Sports spoke with Mozee about a variety of topics including his interest in Nebraska.

On his top contenders at this point
: “Oregon, Nebraska, Missouri and Tennessee.”

On his offseason visit plans: “I’ll get to all of those places. I’ll get there in the spring for practice. Then I’ll plan official visits. I want to see all of them unless one goes above the other. I want to be done before the season [with a commitment].”

On the schools doing the best job and setting the bar: “I’d say Missouri and Oregon.”

On his interest in Nebraska: “They have been genuine and real from the start. As soon as I went down there and met with the new staff, you can tell it’s a better environment. You can see the difference they are going to make at Nebraska.”

On his strengths as a player: “I’m good at yards after the catch. I am good with the ball in my hands.”

On an area for improvement: “I’m really working on my route-running. I’m working on deep routes and over-the-shoulder catches, things like that.”

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
It is a change in strategy, I agree, and it is mostly driven by the calendar changes (which will accelerate even more so that early signing day this year will be beginning December before the portal opens).

I think they are using spring game weekend as a way to get commitments as that is likely the only game day most of these guys will see before they commit - almost everyone will be off the board by the start of September. There won't be much recruiting of 25s in the fall - it will be 26s. And they can show off Raiola in the spring game as well.

Changes at Nebraska excite Top100 WR Isaiah Mozee​

Lees Summit (Mo.) North high school Top100 receiver Isaiah Mozee is the No. 87 overall player in the country and No. 10 receiver nationally in the class of 2025 per 247Sports. The 6-1, 185-pounder remains uncommitted, as he inches closer to a final decision.​

Tom LoyTOM LOY47 minsVIP0

LAS VEGAS — Lees Summit (Mo.) North high school Top100 receiver Isaiah Mozee is the No. 87 overall player in the country and No. 10 receiver nationally in the class of 2025 per 247Sports. The industry-generated composite rankings list him as the No. 112 overall talent this cycle and No. 15 at his position. The 6-1, 185-pounder remains uncommitted, as he inches closer to a final decision.

Mozee recently made his way to Las Vegas for Nike’s “The Next Ones” event, a collection of 34 of the top high school football prospects across the country. The gathering of the class of 2025 talent was about having fun, getting to know each other better, and developing a brotherhood among the elite high school recruits.

247Sports spoke with Mozee about a variety of topics including his interest in Nebraska.

On his top contenders at this point
: “Oregon, Nebraska, Missouri and Tennessee.”

On his offseason visit plans: “I’ll get to all of those places. I’ll get there in the spring for practice. Then I’ll plan official visits. I want to see all of them unless one goes above the other. I want to be done before the season [with a commitment].”

On the schools doing the best job and setting the bar: “I’d say Missouri and Oregon.”

On his interest in Nebraska: “They have been genuine and real from the start. As soon as I went down there and met with the new staff, you can tell it’s a better environment. You can see the difference they are going to make at Nebraska.”

On his strengths as a player: “I’m good at yards after the catch. I am good with the ball in my hands.”

On an area for improvement: “I’m really working on my route-running. I’m working on deep routes and over-the-shoulder catches, things like that.”
Wasn't this guy considered a lock to Oklahoma at one point because his dad/coach played there? I don't even see OU listed as a contender now. Good for us, I guess. Opens things up.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds